68. Milo's got a new high..

Camilo's POV:

Me and y/n go upstairs to see what all the commotion is. I see my mother scolding Carlos and Mel in a cloud of smoke. Carlos looks way out of it.
"Do you understand how serious this is?!" My mom yells.
"I didn't know that Antonio was there!"
"I'm not only talking about that! You're high, you have hickeys all over, you're smoking! There is so much wrong with you! I don't even know why I haven't- never mind!"
"No, tell me! What were you going to say?!" Carlos yells.
"I don't know why I haven't sent you away! I don't know why you came back!"
Antonio stood in the corner. Carlos was up against the wall while our mom was scolding him. Y/n was watching. We stood in Carlos' doorway.
"I came back because Camilo did!"
"Do you really think Camilo cares that much about you?!"
Everything went dead silent. Carlos looks over to me and y/n. I curled my fists. Y/n took hold of my wrist.
"I don't know! But I care about him.."
"That's just your drunk self talking! You don't care about anyone!"
"How would you know?! You never take any time to get to know me! You only see the worst in me!"
"Camilo, get out of here! You too!" She points over to Mel.
Mel ran out. Me and y/n walk out of the room. The door was slammed in our faces.

Carlos' POV:

My mother walks over to me. She grabs the collar of my shirt. She throws me to the ground. She pulls out handcuffs?
"Where did you get those?!" I yell.
My mother grabs my wrist. She locks one side of the handcuffs to my wrist, and the other to the bed post.
"You're locked here until you're.. you're locked here until I say so!"
"What?!"
She took every drug and bottle and cigarette away. And in just over an hour.. I had nothing in my room besides the bed I was locked to, not even a blanket on the bed.. or a pillow.
"How am I supposed to take showers?!" I scream.
"Figure it out!" She slams the door behind her.

Camilo's POV:

My mother walks out of the room. Y/n was holding my hand.
"Let's forget about it.." y/n says.
"How? My brother just got caught and is locked in his room forever..."
"I know.. But just forget about it for a while.. It might make you feel better.."
We walk into my room.
"How can I forget about it without alcohol?"
"Camilo.. You don't need alcohol to forget about it."
"Please?"
"No! ..C'mon.." I lay on his bed.
He lays next to me. He fidgets with his fingers.
"Everything will be okay. Carlos will be okay."
I reach over to my night stand. Y/n looks over to me.
"What are you doing?" She asks.
"Nothing.." I say.
I finally felt what I was looking for. I cupped the item in my hand. I kept it in my hand until I felt y/n was asleep. I look at the blade I was holding. Should I? Should I do this? I bring the blade to my skin. I hesitated. I look at y/n who had her eyes closed. I take a deep breath in.
"1...2-"
"Camilo!" She takes the blade away, "why? Why did you think you can do that?!"
"Because, I can! It's my body!"
"I don't want you doing that! I don't want you getting hurt!"
"Let me!" I try getting the blade.
Y/n held the blade out of reach.
"Stop!"
I reach my arm out really fast and I get the blade from her. Before she could steal the blade again, I stab the blade into my wrist. I think I hit a vein... blood starts to drip from my wrist.
"Why did you do that?! You're bleeding like crazy! Let me go get something to stop the bleeding!"
"Just let it happen!" I say.
"No!" Y/n ran out.
She came back with so many things. She put a wet cloth on my wrist. She then put a dry cloth on my wrist. She put pressure. She brought me to the bathroom. She washed my wound out with water. I didn't make eye contact with her the whole time. Y/n did more things and then wrapped my wrist up.
"Don't do that again. You gave me a heart attack."
"Why didn't you just let it happen!"
"I care, that's why."
I rip my wrist out of her grasp. I start to walk towards the front door.
"Where are you going?" Y/n calls.
"Out. I'll be back in a while!" I slammed the door.

Y/n's POV:

He's just going for a walk I bet. He probably needs to cool off..
It's been three hours since Camilo left and I'm getting worried. It's dark outside and he hasn't returned.. I get up from his bed and I walk downstairs. I'm about to touch the door knob when the door creaked open. I step back. Camilo comes quietly tiptoeing in from outside.
"Camilo! I was so worried! Where were you?!" I hug him.
Camilo had his hood up. He kept his head down. I reach for his hand.. I noticed he was shaking a lot.
"Milo? What's wrong.." he wasn't responding.
I noticed Camilo had cuts on his hands and knuckles.
He walks past me and walks towards the staircase.
"Answer me.. What happened!"
"Nothing! You don't need to worry about it!" We walks up the staircase. He's about to go into the bathroom but I stop him.
"Show me your face! What are you hiding?" I try to take his hood off, but he hits my hand away.
I seen a quick glimpse of his face when he turned around. I saw blood..
"What happened!"
"They did it.. But it's really nothing!"
"Cariño, you've got to tell me what they did to you.."
"It's no big deal!" He tugged at his hood to try and hide his face more.
I noticed bruises on his arms.
"Just tell me!" I tugged at his arm.
"No! Just let me be!"
I finally ripped the hood off his head. He covered his face with one hand and tried to find his hood with the other. He had thick red blood running down his face onto his clothes.
"Camilo, what happened!? Did you get jumped?!" I cupped my hands around his face, "tell me what happened."
"Yes, I got jumped alright?" he looks to the ground, "they came out of nowhere and slammed me into the concrete."
"Go on.." I wanted to hear it all.
"I said, 'I'm ready for a fight'.."
"Cariño.."
"I kicked the shit out of one but the rest kept coming... I couldn't do it.. I let them do it.. they held me by the hair and dunked my head into the fountain. They held me under water just until I almost blacked out. They kicked me while I was on the ground. Coughing up blood, heart racing.. I've never felt more alive.. it's almost better then the high.." Camilo smiled.
"Are you serious?! You liked it.." I held his wrist.
"Sí.. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to wash up and.."
"And what?"
"Nothing.."
After Camilo cleans up I saw him walking out of the door again. I run outside and I caught him before he left.
"Where are you going?!"
"Out.."
"Please don't tell me you're going to try and get beaten again?!"
"Maybe.." Camilo left.