Part 34

Y/n's POV:

We go downstairs. Camilo steals a couple arepas from the plate on the table.
"Don't eat those! Julieta made them for the funeral!" Says Pepa as she walks up to us both.
"Sorry, mama. I'm just hungry. I haven't eaten anything today.." Camilo puts a couple of the arepas down except for the one he bit into.
"Where's your brother?!" Pepa looks up at Carlos' door.
"I told him to get dressed. He should be down any minute." Says Camilo.
I don't think Pepa is too happy with Carlos still.
"Go up there and tell him to hurry!" Pepa was in a bad mood.
"Alright, mama!" Camilo and I rushed up the steps towards his bedroom.
Camilo knocked on his bedroom door, "Carlos! Mom is getting mad! You need to hurry! You're taking forever!" Camilo yelled through the door.
"A-alright!~" Carlos sounded weird...
Camilo noticed his voice too. We look at each other with confusion.
"Carlos? Are you alright?" Camilo asks.
"Y-yeah! I- I'll be down in a-a m-minute!"
Okay, yeah. Something was weird.
"Are you getting dressed?" Camilo asks.
"Yes! Leave! I-I'll be down in a sec!" He had a little more anger in his voice.
"Alright.." Camilo and I walked down the steps.
The whole family was waiting downstairs. Pepa looked at us both with anger in her eyes.
"So? Where is he?!" Pepa says.
"He's still getting dressed." Camilo says.
"Well he needs to hurry because he is holding all of us up!" And just then Carlos' door opens.
He walks down the steps with a limp.
"What happened to you?! Why are you limping?!" Pepa screeches.
"Uh... hit my knee on my desk.." Carlos says quietly.
"Okay. Well, we need to go! We're late to your girlfriends funeral!" Pepa yanks Carlos by his arm.
We all walk out of the Casita. Pepa still holding onto Carlos. Carlos looked... calm?
We made our way to the place. There on a table was Ava's coffin. The lid of the coffin was open so we could see Ava. The person standing there said,
"Anyone want to say any last words to this dead-beat of a girl before we bury her six feet under?" He looked at all of us.
Carlos walked up to her.

Carlos' POV:

Who does this man think he is, calling her a dead-beat!? Anyways. I walk up to her. I lean in. I kissed her cold resting lips.
"I'll get revenge for you and our child. Don't worry. I love you, my hermosa! I love you, my baby!"

Y/n's POV:

Carlos walked back over to the family. He looked sad. Camilo walked over to Ava.
"I'm sorry I wasn't able to get to know you more. You would have been an amazing mother. I'm happy you loved my brother just as much as I do." Camilo walks back over to us.
"Anyone else?" The groggy guy says.
We all look at each other. No one else wanted to go up.
"Alright then. Bury her!" The guy calls.
The old guy slams the lid of the coffin closed. About six dudes chained her coffin and lifted it in the air. Carlos walked up to the old guy. Carlos swung his fist at him. The old guy fell to ground.
"You can't hit an elder!" He says.
"I can if you disrespect my girl like that!" Carlos got on top of the old man and started punching him, over, and over again. Luisa came over and got Carlos off of him. Luisa held his hands behind his back as if he was in hand cuffs. Ava's coffin went slowly down into the ground.
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF SOMEONE, CAN YOU?!" Pepa slapped the hell out of Carlos.
Félix restrained Pepa from doing more to him though. Carlos just hung his head low. He didn't even make a sound when Pepa hit him. Poor Carlos.
"SAY SORRY TO THAT POOR OLD MAN! NOW!" Pepa screamed.
"No."
"WHAT?! DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THIS IS?! YOU CAN GET ARRESTED!"
"I don't care. He did what he did. And I didn't like it." Carlos lifted his head to face his mother.
"You think you're so cool for putting your hands on someone! You're not!"
"I don't think I'm cool."
"Then go say sorry!"
"I'd rather be buried alive with Ava then say sorry and live." Camilo gave his mother an angry expression.
Pepa walked away to cool off.
"Carlos. Don't be so difficult with your mother." Félix says.
"Like you even know what difficult is.." Luisa let go of Carlos.
"You are one relentless kid, you know that, Carlos?" Félix says.