Part 86. Abuela's trust.

Camilo's POV:

Walking back to where Danny was, it was quite awkward between my mother and Carlos. I kept making sure y/n was okay.
"Once we get back to the Casita, I will make us all food so we can heal." Julieta has a warm smile.
We walk into the restaurant and there Danny sat.
"So? Do I live?" Danny asks.
"..No." y/n says coldly.
"Are you sure you want to follow through with this?!" I didn't want y/n to regret this.
"Yes. Everyone look away."
Julieta covers Mel and Carlos' eyes. My mother covered my eyes and turned me around. Without hesitation we heard the gun fire off. I heard a little scream from y/n. I break free from my mothers grasp. Without looking at whatever was in front of me, I took y/n's arm. She stumbles backwards.
"It's okay! Take a deep breath! It's okay!" I tried to comfort her.
"I killed her!" Y/n buried her face into my chest, crying.
"We need to leave!" I needed y/n out of there.
We walk back to the Casita. Y/n couldn't stop shaking. Once we got there, y/n immediately took a shower to wash off all of the lake water and blood splatter that was on her. After everyone else took a shower and the rest of the family reunited, we went to bed. I cuddled y/n because she still was shaking and crying a little.
"You know, Camilo? How much stuff happens in this town? Because we killed a girl twice and we haven't been caught yet.. I just wonder how much bad stuff happens and how many people are never caught.." y/n was overthinking.
"Don't think about it too much. And don't jinx it, okay?" I run my hands through her hair to attempt to calm her down.
We suddenly hear running from outside of the room. In came Dolores who was out of breath.
"What's wrong, Dolores?" I ask.
"Tío Bruno, Mirabel and me over heard mamá and papá talking with Abuela about.. the incident!" Dolores looks scared.
"What- oh.. about.. y/n and Danny?"
"Mhm! We need to speak about it in private!"
I look to y/n. I get up from the bed.
"I'll be back, don't worry!" I reassure.
I leave the room with Dolores. Dolores and I go to Antonio's room.
"Isn't Antonio sleeping?"
"He's in our parents room while they are in Abuela's room speaking."
"I see. Just tell me what's happening."
"Look.. they know that y/n had killed Danny and now they are skeptical and unsure that being around y/n is safe.."
"But.. y/n is safe to be around. She's not a cold blooded murderer.. she just killed for the right reason."
"Indeed, but our parents don't think so, or I should say Abuela doesn't think so."
We step into Antonio's room. We see Mirabel and tío Bruno on the ground. They have a circle made up of sand around them.
"what will telling the future do?" I look to Dolores.
"It might tell us what to expect and how to help."
Me and Dolores sit down in the circle. We take hold of each other's hands. Bruno takes a deep breath in and begins. Soon sand is flying around us. A few shapes appear but nothing significant. Soon, Mirabel points something out to all of us.
"Look! Is that Abuela?" She asks, still pointing.
"I think so." Dolores replies.
"Wait- what is she doing? Who is that walking
up to her?"
There was a girl walking up to Abuela in the vision. They stood in front of each other. It looks as though Bruno is having a hard time envisioning the rest.
"Bruno.. Is there more?" I ask.
"I know there is, but I can't seem to see past this."
There was a knock on the door frame. We turn our heads. Standing in the doorway is y/n. I stand up and all of the sand falls from around me. I walk over to y/n.
"Hey, what's up? Are you okay?" I place a hand on her shoulder.
"Yeah. I was just wondering where you went."
"Oh, we were just trying to see something in a vision." I move my hand from her shoulder down to her hand.
"Oh, okay." She keeps staring down to the floor.
"Want to go back?"
Y/n nods her head.
"Hey, what about what we're doing?" Mirabel says.
"Uhm.. Later?"
Mirabel has a sad expression on her face. I shrug then me and y/n walk out. We make our way towards my bedroom. Me and y/n hear my abuela and my parents trying to have a quiet argument that isn't so quiet. I have y/n walk faster.
"What's going on?" She looks to me.
"Nothing. Everything is fine! Come on."
I rush her into my bedroom.
"Milo, seriously. What's going on?" She sits on bed.
"Nothing's going on. Let's just get back to bed, alright?"
We both get under the covers. I turn away from y/n. We both lay in silence for a couple of minutes. Y/n pats my back.
"What is bothering you? Why can't you sleep?" Y/n asks in a soft tone.
"What do you mean?"
"You're biting your nails, it's obvious something is wrong. And the way you acted once we left Antonio's room."
I notice that I was biting my nails. I turn towards her. I can't tell her about abuela not trusting her, but she knows there is something that is wrong.