Chapter 3

The next morning I stretch across my bed. I throw my pillow over my face to block the blinding sun. I here my mother singing downstairs while vacuuming. "It's not worth trying to sleep now" I say to myself groaning as I sit up. "Y/n! Breakfast is ready!" I here my mother call. I get ready. I skip down the steps into the kitchen where the smell of breakfast fills my nose. I filled my plate full and sat down at the table. My mother is across from me. "Are you going to go see your friends today?" My mother asks me "yeah".
As I walk up to the casita the door opens to Mirabel. "Hey y/n! Come in!" I walk through the doorway and I see Camilo at the top of the steps. "Hey, Camilo!" I say waving my hand while still fallowing Mirabel. We sit down at the table and Camilo fallows. "We have to talk, y/n" Mirabel looked at me then Camilo. "Me and Camilo were walking earlier and we seen well, the other Camilo, the imposter" before I could speak Camilo starts "so, we need to do something because he found his way to the village" "well this should be easy" I say. "It won't be. Sure there's only two of them but he might be able to shape-shift like the real Camilo" Mirabel gives a nervous look. "And if we do happen to catch the fake Camilo what will we do then?" I question. "I don't know, I guess we'll decide what to do when we catch him" Mirabel says.
We walk down the street trying to see if we can spot him. Along the way we joke around about the possibility that we might be walking with the imposter. "Hey, Camilo" I say having an idea. "Give me your wrist" he shows his wrist to me. I pull out a marker and write "real Camilo" "why'd you write that?" He asks. "Incase we get you confused with the fake Camilo" I simply say. "You are the real Camilo, right?" Mirabel questions. "Obviously" he says in a goofy tone while pointing to the words on his wrist. By now my mother knows if I'm not home I'm with the Madrigals. We decide to go back to the casita for dinner. Obviously I sat next to Camilo and Mirabel.
I know what your thinking. Didn't you like Camilo when you first met him? and yes, yes I did. Well, what happened? I guess with there being two Camilo's it made me think twice of who I'm actually falling for and I guess I don't want to fall for someone who might not be the REAL Camilo. So yes.. I have been more cautious around Camilo. I don't know if it's the real him, but I want to believe it.
As I'm eating I catch a figure out of the corner of my eye. I turn my head looking out the window where I saw the figure. It was just standing there far away but close enough that I could see curly hair and the outline of a poncho. It was dark outside so I only saw the outline of those features. "Mirabel!" I quickly nudge her making her yelp. "What is it?" "Look outside!" Mirabel looks up from her plate "what was it?" She says confused. The figure disappeared. Camilo was staring at us confused. "Outside.. it- there-" I had a hard time trying to find my words. I took a breath "there was a figure it had curly hair and a poncho!" I whisper shout as they lean close.