Part 93. Lets make Dolores feel better.

Camilo pov:

We all see the casita in the distance. I whisper somewhat of a distraction plan to Dolores so she hopefully heard me and is now distracting my parents as well as abuela. I'm brought back from my thoughts when Carlos starts talking.
"Hey, you know what, Camilo?" He looks over to me and seems to have a genuine question.
"Yeah, what's up?" I reply.
"You're eighteen and-"
"Correction- we're." I cut him off mid sentence.
"Okay.. We're eighteen and that means we're practically adults."
"Yeah, and?" What is he getting at?
"Which means, sneaking out is just going out now, being in a relationship isn't our family's business, we can move out now, it's unreasonable to be grounded and not abuela nor our parents can control us.." Carlos grew a wide grin.
"You're right about that but we still live under their roof." I shrug.
"True. But.. why don't we move out?!" Carlos takes hold of Mel's hands and looks at him with wide, excited eyes.
"I don't think you realize how difficult and confusing not to mention expensive moving out is. And believe it or not, abuela wants future generations living here. And we have yet to know if moving out effects the gifts given to our familia." I take a breath in after that long sentence.
"Jeez, you think too much. But, did you ever think if we stay, and you wanna get down with y/n, Dolores is always listening.. creepy. I wouldn't want that happening." Carlos gives a grossed out faced.
"DISGUSTING! CARLOS, YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE NO FILTER!"
"Oh, so the thought of y/n naked makes you grossed out?"
"CARLOS! NO- I MEAN- I WOULDN'T MIND- WHA- I MEANT- I WOULD LOVE- URG- I'm going to stop talking to you." I fold my arms and look the other way.
"Look who's blushing, Mel! Camilo is having thoughts~ Dirty thou-"
"STOP TALKING TO ME!"
Carlos knows how to get under my skin. He continues talking to Mel as we walk up to the casita. We eventually make it to the doors. We walk inside and Dolores is standing right in front of us.
"Hey, Dolores." I wave.
"You guys are lucky. It was hard distracting them. They know you guys left last night. You guys really need to be here earlier." She sounds disappointed.
"Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks."
"We're adults, it doesn't matter!" Carlos complains.
"Go." She walks away to another room.
"Is Dolores alright? She seems angry. And she's never angry." Carlos furrows his brows in confusion and worry.
"Yeah, I agree. We should ask about it later cause right now, she seems really mad."
"Yeah.."
We go up to our rooms and stay there. I think about how I might cheer up Dolores. I eventually go to Carlos' room. I don't knock, I just walk in. Bad idea. I walk in and see Carlos and Mel making out on the bed. Mel moves a couple feet away from Carlos, pretending nothing happened. I just stand there with my hand still on the door knob. I'm kind of unfazed. This isn't the first time this has happened. Carlos clears his throat.
"U-uhm.. Hi.." He says, his face pink from embarrassment.
"Uh, hey. Sorry.. I just wanted to talk but I'll talk with you later."
"No, it's okay. We can talk now." Carlos looks over to Mel.
"Alright.. Well, it's about Dolores and how she was mad. I want to cheer her up."
"Alright, and you've got any idea how you'll do that?"
"Maybe.. we can bake her something? Or we can go out with her and get her things she seems interested in?"
"Oooo! I feel like baking her something would be fun!"
"Alright, wanna go to tia Julieta and ask for some baking books? And maybe Mirabel can help us!" I'm starting to get excited.
"Sounds good! What do you think Mel?" Carlos looks over to Mel again.
"Sounds great!" Mel responds.
Mel has always been quiet and reserved but lately it's like he's become a ghost. He sounds and looks sad 24/7. But if something was wrong he would tell Carlos and Carlos would tell me.. maybe, I'm not really sure if he would tell me. Anyways, it's non of my business.
"Uhm, hey? Camilo. You good?" Carlos asks, getting my attention.
"Oh, yeah! I'm fine! Sorry, I spaced out!"
"Yeah, you really zoned out. Kinda scary." He laughs.
We all go and find Julieta outside, healing people left and right of their injuries.
"Hey, Julieta!" I say, walking up to her.
"Hey, boys! What's up?"
"I was wondering if you have any baking books we can borrow?"
"You're talking to the person who cooks and bakes almost every second of her life! Obviously!"
"Oh, thank you, Julieta!"
"I am busy right now, though. But they are in the kitchen on the counter in the corner. You'll see a giant stack of books and you'll find them there! Although, may I ask why?"
"We are planning on making something for Dolores!"
"Oh! That's so sweet of you boys! I hope you'll find what you're looking for!"
"Thank you, tia! Also, one more thing, where's Mirabel?"
"I think she's in the casita. Maybe her room. I'm not really sure."
"Alright! Thank you, tia! Bye!"
"Bye!"
We go back to the casita. We go up the stairs and to Mirabel's room. I knock on the door.
"Come in!" I hear Mirabel say.
I walk in with Carlos and Mel. Mirabel is sitting on her bed along with Antonio. Mirabel is crocheting something while Antonio watches.
"Hey, we wanted to ask you something, but you seem busy at the moment."
"Oh, it's okay. Ask."
"Want to bake Dolores something with us? Dolores seems to be in a mood and we don't know why. We want to make her feel better. And we want to bake with you."
"That sounds fun! I've been bored lately and baking with you guys sounds fun! Let's do it!"
"Oh, cool! Okay!"
"Hey, can I bake too?" Antonio asks, giving us doe eyes.
"Sure Antonio! I bet Dolores would love that all of her brothers made her something!"
Antonio cheered. We go downstairs and the chaos of five people baking in one tiny kitchen began.