Part 57

Camilo's POV:

Carlos stole most of the blankets and huddled into a ball on a bing bag chair that was in the corner. Me and y/n snuggled together in her bed. Carlos kept groaning and adjusting.
"What's wrong, Carlos?" I ask.
"It's just the wounds on my back that are bothering me.."
"Are the wounds from the whipping?"
"Mhm... It stings.."
"Want me to look at it? Maybe it's infected?"
"It's alright.."
"C'mon."
"Fine.."
Carlos and I stood up. Carlos turned around. I lifted his shirt. There was red inflamed lines covering every inch on his back. It looks infected. It looks very painful. I lightly apply some pressure. Carlos moved away.
"Aah! Don't do that!"
"Yep. Those wounds are infected. Do you have anything we can put on the wounds?" I ask y/n.
"Let me go see if I can find something!" Y/n walks out of the room.
She came back a couple minutes later. She handed me a jar.
"My mom made this. She would put it on my cuts whenever I needed it. It really helps!"
I opened the jar. It looked like green mushed up leaves. I scooped some onto my fingers. I set the jar on the desk. I lifted Carlos' shirt again. I smeared the stuff onto his back. He was breathing heavily.
"Sting?" I ask.
"Yep."
Once I was done I pulled his shirt down.
"Ow! It stings! It stings!" Carlos shook his hands as if he was trying to dry them.
Carlos took his shirt off as fast as he could. He took a deep breath in.
"Better?" I ask.
"Mhm.."
It was painful to see those wounds on his back. I can't even imagine the type of stuff he went through. I washed my hands and I went back into her room. Carlos is on the bing bag chair, y/n is in her bed. Y/n looks sleepy, it's really cute, actually. I see Carlos staring at y/n.. his eyes look softened, but maybe it's just because he's tired. I go over and sit down by y/n. I snuggle into her. Her hoodie that she is wearing is so soft, I'm in love. We all soon fell asleep. I woke up not too long after I had fallen asleep. I heard Carlos crying... in his sleep. He must be having a bad dream. I tried to fall asleep but Carlos' crying got louder and worse. I then heard him mumbling something.. sounded like.. he's saying, "stop." I look over at him. He is curled up in a ball. He was shaking.
"Shh. She'll find us.. STOP! PLEASE! I DON'T WANT TOO!" Carlos screams.
Y/n shifted on her side. She's a deep sleeper. Carlos puts the blankets over his head. I get up from the bed. I walk over to Carlos. I kneel next to him.
"Carlos..?" I whisper.
"Stop! No, don't do it! Don't make me!" Carlos is still asleep.
"Are you okay..?"
"Ah! Stop! Don't- CAMILO! Help me!" Carlos starts to lash around.
I try to place my hands on him to wake him up.
"Carlos! Wake up! It's okay!" He wasn't waking.
I start to shake his body to wake him. He finally wakes up. He breathes very heavily. Tears are streaming down his face. Terror was in his eyes. He is gripping onto the blankets.
"You're okay! It was just a dream!" I say.
Carlos starts to cry even harder.
"I can't.. I can't.."
"Can't what?" I ask.
"I can't keep reliving it.. in real life.. and in my dreams.." Carlos rubbed his face.
"What was your dream about?"
"Nothing..."
"Carlos, you had a nightmare that you couldn't wake up from. You were in tears.."
"Alright.. alright.. It was, uh.. I had a dream of me being.." Carlos hesitated.
I already new what he was going to say.
"Raped?" I finished the sentence for him.
"Y-Yeah.. that.."
"I'm really sorry.."
"Don't be.."
Carlos wiped the tear off of his cheek. I went in for a hug. Carlos had tensed up. But he soon relaxed. He starts to cry again.
"I.. I'm scared..." Carlos says in a shaky voice.
That's the first time I've heard him say he is scared..
"Of what?"
"Falling asleep. I don't want to keep experiencing it.."
"How often do you have these dreams?" I ask.
"Almost every night." Carlos sighs.
"Come sleep in the bed with us."
"Why?"
"Would it help you sleep?"
"I-I guess..?"
"Okay then, come on!" We both got up.
We laid on the bed. I slept in between Carlos and y/n. They both were snuggled up onto me. Carlos was shaking until he was asleep. Poor Carlos.