Part 64. Camilo didn't try this time.

Camilo's POV:

I wake up with y/n's arm stretched across my face. I gently remove her arm. I notice Carlos is in the bed. Before I get up I kiss y/n on the cheek. I get up and start to untangle my hair with my fingers. I look at the ruana which hangs on the back of the chair. I go over and pick it up. I should wash this thing.. I go downstairs to put the ruana in the washer. I see Ms. y/l/n cooking breakfast in a pan.
"Hello, Camilo! What do you have there?" She says in a cheery tone.
"Hello, Ms. y/l/n! I was just going to throw my ruana in the washer if that's alright?"
"I can take care of that for you!"
"Are you sure? You seem busy."
"It's alright, Camilo! Now, go give my little girl morning cuddles and kisses!" She laughs.
"Thank you very much, Ms. y/l/n!" I ran up the stairs.
I walk into the bedroom. I see y/n is doing her makeup in front of the mirror.
"Good morning! Where did you go?" Y/n questions.
"I just went downstairs to put my ruana in the washer!"
"Sounds like you had fun!" She laughs.
I kneel next to her. I wrap my arms around her.
"Milo! I'm trying to do my makeup!" She smiles.
"Sí, but I'm trying to give you cuddles right now!"
"You're so stubborn!" She hugs me back.
I look up and I see Carlos staring at us.
"What's your problem?" I ask.
Carlos just laid back down. I continued to hug y/n. Once she was done doing her makeup, we laid back down on the bed together. Carlos got annoyed and went to sit in the bing bag chair. I noticed Carlos was taking pills while staring at the ceiling. Should I stop him.. Is that even a question? Y/n had noticed to. What pills are those? Carlos looks to us and sees us staring at him. He starts to shove more and more pills into his mouth. Y/n looks over to me, astounded that I haven't already stopped Carlos. Carlos picks a glass of water up from the ground and starts swallowing all of the pills. I watched... Carlos starts to breathe heavily. I see the fear grow in his eyes. Carlos sets the glass of water down. He places his head between his knees. Y/n squeezes my hand.
"Breakfast is ready!" Y/n's mother calls.
Carlos looks up at us, terrified. We all head downstairs. We get our food but Carlos isn't eating. It looks like Carlos is waiting for the pills to kick in. Carlos leans back in his chair. He closes his eyes. We finish our plates but Carlos is in the same position.
"See if Carlos is okay.." y/n whispers in my ear.
I shake Carlos' shoulder. He doesn't move.
"Carlos.." I whisper.
Nothing.. I pick Carlos up and head upstairs. I place Carlos on the bed. Y/n came rushing in.
"Is he okay?!" She screams.
"No. The pills worked.. Luckily he's still alive."
"..Why didn't you stop him?!"
"If this is what he wants then why try to stop him every time?"
"Maybe it's because he's your brother?! Maybe it's because he trusts you to save him every time?!"
"Why are you getting mad at me?!"
"...I don't know.. I'm sorry.." she walks out of the room.
I lay down besides Carlos. I read a book I had found on her shelves. I hear a frantic knock on the window. I open the window. It's Mel? Mel stumbles into the room. He's so burnt up.. He walks over to Carlos.
"He didn't come over last night. I started to worry.. Is he alright?" Mel asks.
"No. He had an overdose.."
Mel kneels by the bed. He holds Carlos' hand.
"..Are you alright? You look pretty bad.." I say.
"Just a little reaction.. it'll go away.. in a couple days.." Mel kisses Carlos' forehead.
I go downstairs to find y/n. She's washing the dishes. She gives me a look that tells me I shouldn't talk to her at the moment.
"Look, mi amor.. I'm sorry. But, I don't know why you're mad at me for what Carlos did!"
"I'm just surprised that you didn't try this time..." she drys off a plate.
"I'm just tired of having to take care of him all the time.."
"And I agree, you shouldn't have to do that.."
"Then why are you mad?"
"Not mad.. Just surprised.."
"You're mad.."
"Stop saying that or I will be mad.."
I roll my eyes. I go over and I hug her from behind. I seen her smile a little. She puts the last plate back in the cupboard. She turns around in my arms. We stay there hugging for a while.. now that's a good way to end a fight...