Part 28

Camilo's POV:

"She's pregnant.." Carlos finally says.
Our mother and father thought for a moment.
"With who's baby.." Our mom said.
"I-it's ours"
Our mother took a deep breath in.
"Get out." She says coldly.
"But-"
"JUST get out!" Our mom was forming a rain cloud.
I followed Carlos and Ava out of the room. I went inside Carlos' room with them. Carlos got a ton of beer bottles out from his closet. He held the bag that we used for the pregnancy tests. He put the beer bottles gently inside. We all went downstairs. Carlos wrapped as many arepa's as he could in tin foil. He put those in the bag as well.
"Carlos what are you doing?" I ask.
"Leaving.." he says.
"What?! Why?!"
"It's just for a little while. Till our parents cool off! Look we'll be here!" He gives me a folded up map that he had in his pocket, "it'll tell you where we are. When mom and dad forget about it, come tell me. And then I'll come home, okay? Can you do that for me?" Carlos looked at me with desperate eyes.
"Yes." I say.
Carlos sets the bag down on the floor. He gives me a hug.
"I'll miss you! I promise I won't be gone long!" He let's go.
He picks the bag up again. He looks around the  house. He looks back at me. He nods, signaling it's time for him to go. I had a tear roll down my face. Carlos walked out of the house with Ava. I could tell that Carlos didn't truly know whether he was coming home or not. Am I ever going to see my brother again..? There was a knock at the door. I answer it. It was y/n?
"Oh, y/n!"
"Hey.. I know I shouldn't be here, but I saw your brother walking with some girl.. and he was crying.. I thought that was weird so I came over to see if something happened between you two?"
I gesture her to come in. We sit down next to each other on the couch.
"My brother is just going away for a while."
"Oh. Did something happen?"
"He knocked a girl up and got her pregnant. My parents weren't too happy."
"What?! I'm so sorry, Camilo! How are you doing?"
"I'm fine."
"Camilo. I know that tone in your voice when you say you're fine, but you really aren't!" She put an arm around me.
I let the tears come out slowly. I looked down at my lap. I watched as my own tears hit my pants. I felt embarrassed to cry. I put my hands to my face. I let my body fall onto hers. She played with my hair to calm me. It always used to work. And it still does.
"Just cry... let it out.." she said.
I wish we could stay like this for eternity.
Next thing you know I hear birds chirping. I open my eyes. I'm still laying on y/n. But she's sleeping? Was I sleeping? Is it morning?! Did we fall asleep together?! Danny would be so mad.. but... I don't care. All that matters right now is being with y/n. I really needed this.