Part 76. Carlos, you really just-

Camilo's POV:

We step inside of the house. Me and y/n try to sneak upstairs and try to not be spotted by my mom. And, obviously my mom was standing there, her arms folded.
"Uh.. Mamá..! Hey.." I say awkwardly.
"Camilo! Where is Carlos?!"
"I have no idea."
"Why are you lying to me all of a sudden now..?" She went from angry to sad.
"I'm not!"
"That's a lie too! Milo, I'm just asking where your brother is?"
"I don't know!"
"Camilo Madrigal!"
"He's at Mel's!" I say fast.
"..Bring your brother home. Right. Now." She walks away.
Oh jeez, what type of trouble could he be in to where my mother actually cares where he is? Y/n and I go back to Mel's. This time, Mel's mother answers.
"What the hell do you want?!" She screams.
"Miss, I-I'm not Carlos. But I am here to bring him home."
"Oh- He's here?"
Oh shit. Mel's sister comes to the rescue.
"Obviously he's not! I wouldn't let him in! You can go now, mamá! I'll take care of this." The sister says.
Mel's mother walks away. Everything seemed to ease.
"I'll go get him." She walks away.
She comes back with Carlos. Carlos' eyes were all red. He still didn't have his shirt on. His hickeys were very noticeable.
"Carlos, moms mad at you for some reason, possibly because you disappeared when you were grounded. But, if she sees you high right now, you'll be seeing stars around your head in no time.."
Carlos just shrugged. We walk back to the Casita. We step inside and my mother was there waiting. She seen how Carlos looked and immediately furrowed her eyebrows.
"Carlos?! Where did you go?!"
"Mel's.."
"You were there getting high and making out, huh?!"
"I'm just tired. Not high." Carlos sounded real sad.
"Y/n.. maybe you should go home for a little. Here, bring this to your mom. It's a gift." She handed y/n a plate with cookies stacking high on top of each other.
Y/n gave me a worried look. I step closer her. I manage to hug her while she was carrying the plate of cookies. I set my chin on her shoulder.
"Don't worry, cariño. We'll be fine." I whisper in her ear.
"Camilo..."
I break our hug. I look into her eyes. I lean in. Our lips came together for a couple seconds.
"I love you, cariño!" I smile, "Stop acting like it's the end of the world.." I felt bad.
"Milo, we haven't been apart for.. I don't even know how long.."
"And it's okay. Go home, do some cool whatever with your mom."
Y/n nods her head.
"Good bye, Carlos. Good bye, Pepa... Good bye.. Camilo."
"Good bye, princesa.."
As soon as that door closed behind y/n, my heart drops to my stomach. My mom towers over Carlos with her hands on her hips. Carlos stood there, looking up at my mother.
"You're grounded! And yet you still went outside of your room and to another's house?!"
"Mhm."
"Stop acting like you're too cool for this!"
"We're literally turning eighteen in two days and you're still grounding us, treating us like we're little kids, and so much more. We're practically adults! Leave us alone!"
My mother stood there in silence. My father walks in.
"Pepa, the kids right. Have lenience." My father walks up to us.
"They still act as though their fourteen! Carlos has a problem with substance abuse, he doesn't even realize how dangerous that is! Camilo is lying to me about everything now! And if you're still living in this house, you're following my rules!"
"When did you ever care about me being in danger?" Carlos says.
"I'm not worried about you being in danger. I'm worried about everyone else in this house!" My mother turns to our father.
Carlos wipes a tear off of his face. I walk over to Carlos and I show him my arms are out. He embraces me. He wraps his arms around me. He buries his head in my chest.
"Look, mí vida.. Everything will play out. Have some lenience and see what happens.. okay?" Our father whispers.
"What if Antonio sees Carlos doing this stuff and he thinks it's all okay?! I bet people already think we're terrible parents for 'letting' our children do this!" Our mom screams.
"Let it play out!" Our father says in a calm voice.
Our Mother gritted her teeth, curled her fists, turns around.. I see her raise her hand. I turn Carlos away so she couldn't hit him.
"CAMILO, DON'T YOU DARE!" Our mother screams.
"Pepa!" Our father shouts.
Our mother forces us apart. She looks Carlos dead in the eyes. She raises her hand. In one quick moment Carlos had his head turned to the side. He was holding his face. He was hyperventilating. Our mom had left, but our father stayed in the room.
"Carlos!?" I walk over to him, "Are you okay? Do you still have some of your teeth?! She hit you hard!"
Carlos slowly got down on his knees and hands to the floor. I knelt next to him, so did our father. Carlos' tears started to silently hit the floor. Carlos then sits up and wipes all of the tears away and sniffles a little.
"Carlos, are you badly hurt?! I'm so sorry! I didn't think she would actually hit you!" Our father actually was trying to help Carlos.
"I'm fine.. I'm going upstairs if anyone needs me... I doubt it though.." Carlos stood up and walked upstairs to his room.
"Camilo, can you go make sure he has company. He needs his brother right now.."
"Okay."
I go up to his room. I open the door and I see a thick smoke in front of Carlos' face. He sees me, and in a panic and waves the smoke away. He hides something under his pillow. His face goes red.
"H-Hi.. C-Camilo!" He says.
"Hi? What was that?" I ask.
"I-I- IT'S NOTHING." His eyes were big.
"Carlos, you can tell me. It's not like I'm going to go and tell people."
"You sure?"
"Mhm."
"Fine.. It's..it's..this."
He shows me a.. well, I don't know what it is. It looks like a funny looking pen.
"What's that?" I pick it up from him.
"It's a vape pen, dumb ass." He takes it from me.
Before I could say anything, he takes a hit and blows all the thick smoke into my face. It smelt good, like really good, honestly it made my mouth water. I sort of coughed and waved it away from me.
"Wanna try?" He waves it in my face.
I take it from him. I examine the vape.
"C'mon. Do you really not know how to take a hit?!"
I shake my head no. He takes the vape away.
"Alright, you put this part to your mouth," he points to the mouth part, "you suck in.. And then hold it.. then out. Okay? It's simple!" He hands the vape back.
I hesitated.
"Is this safe? Is it bad to breathe in?"
"..Maybe- No! It's not! Trust me! Do it, you wimp! Or are you too pussy?" Carlos rolls his eyes.
"I'm not a wimp! ..Or a pussy!" I felt embarrassed.
"Then.. do it."
I put the vape to my lips. I did as he told. Immediately I felt the smoke hit the back of my throat. I start to cough badly.
"Be quiet!" Carlos yells.
I hand the vape back. All of the smoke I had inhaled was everywhere.
"..Ah.. God. My throat hurts! My lungs feel heavy!" I say.
"Ha.. You really are a wimp!" Carlos takes a hit and does it without a problem, "See, easy."