Part 9

I had a hard time sleeping that night. I don't know why though. I should be happy that Bella's gone. But I'm not. Something turned in my stomach. Anxiety, fear, doubtfulness? I wasn't sure. Then there was a knock at my window almost like a rock hit it. It couldn't have been a person because my window is on the second level. I decided to ignore it. Then again the knock at my window. I got up thinking it was those annoying kids. But when I opened my window it was a completely different person. Camilo.
"What are you doing here it's one in the morning!" I groggily say.
"I just wanted to say sorry, for earlier.."
I rolled my eyes.
"Please, let me in so we can talk face to face?"
I walked downstairs and opened the door and Camilo was there. I gesture at him to come in but to be very quiet. We made it to my room.
"Please, y/n, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make a joke like that. I just didn't know what to say" he looked down at my blanket.
"I forgive you." You didn't know what else to say.
"Are you okay?" Camilo places his hand on mine, "have you slept since.. well, that?"
"No, I haven't"
"Why not, hermosa?" He realized what he just said, he went red. You went red as well.

Camilo's POV:

Why did I say that! I mean she is beautiful. But.. UGH.
"Uh, uhm, w-why not?" I say again.
She was red. I bet I was too.
"I'm just worried.. about Bella"
"Why?"
"What if she comes back?"
"She won't! We're safe."
"You're right, why am I worrying? Thank you for caring."
"Anytime!"
"Uhm, do you.. do you want to stay the night?"
I was surprised. I snuck out of the house in the middle of the night and now I have a choice wether to stay or to go back.
"Sure" I gave a slight smile.
I'll go early in the morning so my family doesn't know I went out.
After a lot of talking and laughing we started to get tired. She gave me a blanket and I placed it on the floor.
"What are you doing?" She asks.
"Oh, just setting up for bed"
"On the floor? No way!"
Y/n got up and picked the blanket up and placed it on her bed.
"C'mon" she waves me over.
I got under her blankets, she did the same. After a couple minutes y/n was asleep. I was laying on my back with my hands on my stomach. Y/n turned over and faced me. She reached for my arm. She then placed her head on my shoulder. I fell asleep while playing with her hair.

It was morning. I checked her clock. TEN OCLOCK! I AM WAY LATE. I got up still trying not to wake y/n. I got on my shoes and rushed downstairs. GREAT HER MOM WAS MAKING BREAKFAST AND IS NOW STARING AT ME CONFUSED.
"Uh, sorry, I gotta go!" I ran out of the front door before she could ask any questions.
I ran all the way to casita. I open the front door. Great my family is in the kitchen finishing breakfast. I just stood there. They probably all know where I was because of Dolores. My mother ran over to me with a storm cloud around her head.
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! SNEAKING OUT?! STAYING THE NIGHT AT Y/N'S HOUSE?!"
My father and sister were right behind my mother. Antonio was still eating but watching cautiously.
"Mama, I can explain!"
"I DON'T WANT TO HERE IT! GO TO YOUR ROOM!"
I went up to my room.

Y/n POV:
I woke up. Camilo was gone. I'm guessing he went home so he wouldn't get into trouble. I got ready. I went downstairs. My mother was placing food on two plates. My mother gave me my plate and we both sat down at the table.
"So, why was Camilo upstairs?" She looks at me questioning.
"What?" I started to worry.
"Camilo, he ran downstairs and seemed to be in a rush"
"Uhmm"
"Y/n. What happened"
"He came over early this morning. And he noticed he was going to miss breakfast at his casita"
"Oh, alright then."
I know I lied. But I don't know how my mother would react if she found out Camilo snuck out and he stayed the night.

Camilo's POV:
Dolores walked into my bedroom. I didn't give her eye contact.
"Camilo, I'm sorry"
"No you're not! Why couldn't you have been a good sister and say that I went over to y/n's early?! And you couldn't have just stayed out of my business?!"
"You know I can't help over hearing things!" She sat down on my bed.
"Yeah well, all because of you mom and dad are mad at me now!"
"If you don't want them to be mad at you then don't sneak out!"
"Yeah, but you heard why I did it though!"
"Camilo, I'm not here to fight with you. I just want this to be a lesson for you not to sneak out again"
I didn't respond.
"Love you, I'll see you later." Dolores leaves the room.