Part 72. Mel!?

Y/n's POV:

I wake up and Camilo isn't next to me. I pinch myself to see if it's a dream. It's not. I start to worry. I get nervous butterflies in my stomach. I stand up. Camilo walks in.
"Oh hey, cariño! Good morning!" Camilo pulls me in by the waist, "are you okay?"
He could tell I was nervous.
"Yeah, you were gone and I didn't know if you were off beating a kid half to death or something.. Like in my dream.."
"Oh! No, cariño! I was just in Carlos' room. He had another one of those nightmares. And before that Antonio came running in here. He had a nightmare too. But I took him to his room and we both hung out in his room for a while." Camilo cups my face and seems to zone out.
"Oh, okay.." I kind of felt bad that he couldn't get the sleep he wanted because he was comforting us, "did you get any sleep at all?"
"..No. But it's okay! I can just drink an energy drink.. But we'll have to buy the drink because we don't have any right now."
"Wanna do that now?"
"Sure!"
We both go outside. We start to walk to the beverage market. It's a little bit of a walk so me and Camilo talk to pass the time. It's been a couple minutes and in the distance me and Camilo spot a big red blob.
"What's that? I can't see."
"I don't-" that's when I noticed what it was, "IT'S A PERSON!"
We both ran to the person laying on the ground. It was Mel?!
"Oh my god! Mel?! Are you okay?!" All we could hear were painful groans.
He was covered in blisters. He had a.. looks like third degree sunburn.
"We need to bring him back to the Casita!"
Me and Camilo pick Mel up. Mel was screaming in pain when we did that. He didn't have enough strength to do anything and so when he screamed, that must've taken a lot of pain to force him to do that.. It took a couple minutes but after running the whole time, we got to the Casita. We bring him into Camilo's room. We shut all of the curtains. Mel was barely awake.
"Mel! Stay awake!" Camilo screams, "y/n, baby, try and keep him awake! If he falls asleep, he might not come back!"
I nod my head.
"Hey, Mel!" I pat him on the face.
He wasn't opening his eyes. I slapped him across the face, that worked. I did that a couple more times. Camilo came back with multiple damp cloths. He placed them over the worst areas. Mel groans and try's to adjust but he can't.
"I know it hurts!" Camilo says.
I could see his clothing was stuck to his burn. I was about to fix it but Camilo stops me.
"Don't, it'll make it worse."
I nod my head.
"How do you know so much about first aid and how to help someone in any situation?" I ask.
"I grew up with Carlos. It's kind of essential to know this kind of stuff." Camilo placed another cloth on his burn.
"The cloth is damp, not drenched, with cool water to help the burn." It seems like Camilo is talking to himself.
Camilo places another cloth down, "and I'll go find some cream to help the rest of the second and first degree burns. For now we'll just keep the cloths there."
Camilo left to go see if he can find any cream or anything to help the burns. Mel manages to look at me.
"Hey, Mel.. How are you doing?"
Mel looks away.
"Can't really talk? Not enough energy and strength?"
Mel blinks twice.
"Two blinks yes, one blink no?"
Mel blinks twice.
"Alright, then. When you left, were you walking in the sun?"
Mel blinks twice.
"Were you going to the market?"
Mel blinks twice.
"You know you're allergic to the sun, right?"
Mel blinks twice.
"I see.."
Camilo walks back in.
"Oh! Look who has their eyes open!"
Mel look away from Camilo.
"Are you mad at me because I put the cloths down and it hurt?"
Mel blinks once.
"No?" I question.
"Oh, I see. Two blinks yes, one blink no. Well, why are you mad?"
Obviously Mel couldn't answer that.
"Is it about Carlos?" I ask.
Mel blinks twice.
"Is it because I remind you of him? Hey look, he's the emo one, not me." Camilo laughs a little.
Mel blinks twice.
"..Okay. I got some cream that's supposed to help second and first degree burns. This is going to hurt.."
Camilo puts a little on the burn. Mel groans. Once Camilo was done we heard Carlos.
"Mel?! Are you okay?!"
"Want me to get Carlos?" Camilo questions.
Mel blinks twice.
Camilo came back with Carlos. Carlos knew he couldn't hug Mel because his whole body was sunburnt.
"Mel! What happened to you?!" Carlos screams.
Mel looks over to me and Camilo.
"We found him on the ground, in the sun."
Carlos rubs his water filled eyes.
"I should have been there to walk him home!" Carlos had started to punch himself in the head.
"Carlos, stop!" Camilo catches Carlos' fist, "stop beating yourself up!"
"It's my fault, I wasn't there! Mel, I'm so sorry!"
Carlos stayed next to Mel as Mel slept. Me and y/n stay in each other's arms on the bed. Oh, what a day it's been so far...