Part 17

⚠️this chapter talks about drugs..⚠️

Y/n's POV:

I get up. I get ready and go to the Casita. They invited me over for breakfast. When I get there Pepa answers the door.
"Y/n! Hello!"
"Hello!"
She signaled me inside.
"Y/n, we are so glad you're here to eat breakfast with us!"
"I am just as delighted to be invited over!"
"We're glad! Uhm. But if you could do me a favor and go get Camilo.. He's been in his room all morning and last night. He didn't even eat dinner! We tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't say anything.. do you think you can talk to him?" She sounded worried, even had a little wind stirring.
Félix came over to calm her.
"I will go talk to him!" I rush up the stairs to his room.
I knock on the door. No reply. I open the door to see Camilo still in bed, wrapped up in his blankets.
"Cami?"
"Huh?"
"It's y/n.."
"Oh! Uhm.. sorry. If I knew you were coming over, I would have been ready to go over to your place and pick you up.. or-" he stood up.
"Camilo. Are you okay?"
"Yeah! Why..?"
"Well.. your family thinks otherwise.. and you look like you've been up all night. A-are you high?!"
And that's when Camilo's eyes started to flutter.
"C-Camilo!"
He fell hard onto the ground. Completely passed out.
"CAMILO!" I fell to my knees.
I tried to shake him awake but it didn't work. I heard the family rushing upstairs. Dolores probably alerted them. They came in and surrounded Camilo.
"CAMILO!?" Pepa and Félix screamed.
Carlos came in as well. But he didn't seem to care. I thought that was suspicious.
"Carlos!" I whisper scream.
He looked at me.
"Come here!" I lead him outside the room.
"Okay! What did you do!"
"Huh? Do what?!" He looked confused.
"What happened to Camilo?!" I shove him a little.
"How would I know- ohhh.." he looked like he had just had a thought.
"What?!"
"You know what? I think I do know what happened to him.."
"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I scream.
"Last night me and my friends woke him up... and we played a little game."
"Get to the point!"
"We asked him if he would want to play a game and he said sure. We had a couple drinks-"
"Like alcohol?!"
"Yes. But we mixed in a couple other things."
"Like what?!"
"Molly.. Xanax.."
"WHAT?!"
"And yeah.. I think that's it. I'm still a little hung over from last night.."
"WHAT THE HELL! CAMILO COULD DIE!" I slapped Carlos across the face.
"Okay. I deserved that." He put his hand on his face.
I rushed back into the room. Surprisingly Dolores didn't hear anything I don't think. I think there was just too much commotion going on. I knelt next to Camilo. I started to tear up. But I wiped the tears away before they could have become anything more. Julieta knelt next to me, rubbing my back.
"Julieta.." I say.
"Yes, dear?" She looked at me.
"I think Camilo might have had an overdose.."
"What?!" She gasped.
"Yes. Carlos told me they had alcohol.. and they mixed Molly and Xanax into their drinks."
She stood up shaking. She brought Pepa and Félix outside. When they all came back in Pepa had a hurricane going on.
"MY BABYYY!!!!" Pepa screamed, "Julieta! Can't you do anything?!"
"Not unless he is awake!"
Luisa picked Camilo up and set him down on his bed. I had to get out of there. And I don't think it was the right time for his girlfriend to be there. This is a family thing. I let myself out. I started to cry. Cry. Cry. And cry. I couldn't stop. Once I got to my house my mother saw me.
"Y/n?! Are you okay?!" She rushed over to me.
"I'm fine.." I went upstairs.
I laid on my bed. I cried and cried.
"Y/n..! Dinners ready!"
What? It's been that long.. I haven't stopped crying for that long? I went down. I got my food but I just played with it at the table. I didn't feel like eating. My eyes hurt.. a lot.
"Want to tell me what happened?" My mother says.
"Camilo.. he's not alright.."
"Oh.. Honey!" My mother came over to me and was trying to make me feel better.
"He had an overdose.."
"Oh! Is he okay. Are you okay?"
"I'm not sure, ma.." I cleaned off my plate and went upstairs to my bedroom.
My mother came in not too long after.
"Want to go get those face masks? We can do them together..?" She asks.
"Sure.."
After we got them from the store we went back home. We put them on in the bathroom. Mom's was a light green almost blue. Mine was a pinkish purple. We talked for a while then washed the masks off. We said good night and went to bed.