Part 47

Camilo's POV:

I wake up to y/n reading a book besides me.
"Oh! Hey, Camilo! Carlos really knocked you out cold!" She puts the book down.
"Yeah.. I know." I put my hand on my forehead.
"...so, you don't really think he actually murdered Bella.. do you?"
"I have no idea. My brother has done some pretty scary shit... but nothing quite like this before.. I worry about him. What if he's in jail?"
My sister barges in, unannounced.
"He's not in jail." She says.
"Where is he then?" I ask.
"Here. He's in his room."
"They let him go?"
"Kind of.." she walked out of my room.
Me and y/n went to Carlos' room. He was sleeping face down in his pillow.
"Hey, Carlos... Didn't expect you to be here so soon." I say.
"Hm? Oh! Uh... hey.." He sits up.
"You still mad at me?" I ask.
"Well, do you still think I killed Bella?"
"...I mean you're capable of anything..."
He face plants back into his pillow.
"Unbelievable." He sits back up, "sure I'm capable mentally, but not physically.."
That just scared me even more.
"Carlos, you're still on the hook for obtaining illegal drugs.."
"Yeah.. I know that." He stood up, "I've got to go."
He walked out. I watched him get into the cop car, before he closes the car door I stopped him.
"Wait! Carlos, let us come with you?"
"Fine.."
Me and y/n got into the car with Carlos.
"Ah!" Carlos says quietly.
We both look over to Carlos. We see him cutting his wrists.
"CARLOS! STOP!" I took the blade from him, "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"
"Cutting..." He looked at us as though it was nothing.
"Carlos, stop! You are now just starting to heal from the cuts you had given yourself last time!"
The driver looked in the rearview mirror.
"I don't care!" He took the blade from my hand.
He started to cut his skin some more. I took the blade again.
"What's your problem?" Carlos says.
"You cutting yourself! That's my problem! Just don't!"
"Can't I just do what I want?" He asks.
"No! Carlos, I thought you said you were going to try...?"
"I want to."
"Then why don't you?"
"I'm scared I won't make it. I want to die but at the same time I don't want to. That's why I cut... it helps me."
"..it doesn't help you. Try Carlos.. just try?"
"..fine." He snatches the blade from me once again.
He cut himself once more, really deep. He rolled the window down and threw the blade out. His cuts were bleeding furiously.
"Great. Look what you did.." I took my poncho off and wrapped it around Carlos' arm.
Carlos placed his head on the back of the seat. He looked out the window. Carlos looked up and a tear rolled down his face.
"I'm so tired.." says Carlos.
"Then go to sleep. We'll wake you up once we get there."
"No... I'm not tired like that.. You just don't get it..."
"Oh.." I laid down on Carlos' lap.
Y/n laid down in between my legs and placed her head on my stomach. Carlos played with my hair. I played with y/n's hair.
"Hey, Camilo?" Says Carlos.
"What's up?" I say.
"You're hot." He replies.
"Thanks." We both smile and I chuckle a little, "that was random."
"I had to say it." Carlos laughs.
We all fell asleep.
We wake up to the driver saying that we are there. Y/n was still asleep on me.
"Hey, baby? We're here!" I say.
I play with her hair. She nuzzles closer to me. She was still asleep.
"She's a heavy sleeper." Says Carlos.
"Yep. She's so cute when she sleeps.. Heyyy? We have to get up!"
She slowly sits up and rubs her eyes.
"Good morning! C'mon we have to go!" I hold her hand as we get out of the car.
We make it to the interrogation room. Me and y/n sat in chairs against the wall as Carlos sat in a seat at the table. A guy walks in.
"Hey, Carlos. Doing better today? I see you brought some people!" He sits down across from Carlos.
"Hey, Detective Jace. I'm doing fine, not better, but fine. And yeah, I brought my brother and his girlfriend."
"Well, at least you're not doing worse! Very nice to meet you two. Anyways, Carlos-"
Carlos takes out a cigarette and a lighter. He's about to light the cigarette but Detective Jace stops him.
"I'm sorry Carlos, but you can't smoke in here."
"Aww.. man."
Detective Jace takes his cigarette. Carlos was acting weird.
"Excuse me Carlos? Do you mind if I ask if you're high?"
"Maybe just a little, wittle.. How'd you know?"
"It's quite obvious... I'm not sure if we can do this today. Uhm-"
"No! It's fine! Carry on!"
"Alright.. Carlos, Mr. T gave me some more information on the case from your side of the story. It's clear to me that she did terrible things to you before her death. Did her doing this to you make you mad in any way?"
"Uh.. It made me mad that I couldn't get away. It made me mad that I couldn't fight back.."
"Did you do anything to her after this incident?"
"No. I didn't see her after that."
"Because she died... okay.. So you two interacted right before her death. And she still had your fluids on her when she died."
"Ew.." Carlos says.
He looked as though he was going to puke. Me and y/n as well.
"...only sixteen years old and going through this.. Had you already lost your virginity before this?"
"...yeah."
"Okay. Do you think anyone you interacted with could have gotten mad and wanted revenge?"
"No. I'm not sure."
I stepped into the conversation.
"Maybe Danny got mad? She murdered your girlfriend.." I say.
"What? You know who killed your girlfriend?"
"Yes. But we haven't seen her yet. She's ambushed me, y/n, and Camilo. She's stabbed Camilo before."
"This just keeps going... Now Danny is a suspect for the murder of Bella and we know she murdered your girlfriend."