Chapter 13: Musical Mayhem

Larry felt wind directing upwards. He opened his eyes and knew what to do.
Surge was about to rescue Larry when he suddenly flipped in mid-air and super jumped towards the spy.

As Larry clashed into the spy, dazing him a little, the two then fought it out as the two parried and deflected each blows. They did the same pattern until Larry suddenly got to his hands and kicked the bird with both his legs. The spy fell backwards as he placed his hand on his face and felt his beak. It cracked. Before he could do anything, Larry fired a shot at his head, ending the second spy's life.

The first spy flew towards north and escaped from the brawlers' view. Larry landed and took quick glances around, "Where's the other spy?" The brawlers shook their head saying they didn't know. Larry walked towards base when suddenly, his arm had a bullet hole. He widened his eyes before quickly looking at his wound. He winced at the sight and fell unconscious.

Belle saw the bullet hole that pierced right through and quickly told the brawlers to duck. A bullet flew pass them. "Sniper! Run! Scatter!"
Available soldiers heard this and quickly rushed out to help.

"Get in!" Some rapiens yelled. The brawlers quickly scurried back to base as the base had a force field charging up.

Max had told Frank to help carry Larry with one arm. So they managed to recover with everyone back.
Belle had already told Piper to come with her to the top of the base. They wanted to scout out the sniper and out snipe them.
Frank had black blood all over his hands as he watched the soldiers place and spray different things on Larry. One of the soldiers was explaining what they were doing,
"This one was a big shot, it doesn't look like a kill shot though, they were expecting you guys to abandon Larry. Thanks for saving him. They purposefully targeted his arm to prevent him from effectively fighting, at the same time not killing him. They also modified their bullet to be knock out shots. Used to give extreme shock to knock the victim out. Thanks again for saving him."
The soldier finished as he sprayed some heal spray on the would and had it regenerate back. "Larry has black blood." Mortis commented. Another soldier replied to the comment, "That's still unknown to us. Our first suspicion was because of genetic modification. Our other theory was that Colonel took something and caused him to have black blood. His brother also has black blood so I vote for our first explanation."

"Larry has a brother?" All the brawlers except Belle, Piper, Byron, and a few other old folks, asked in unison. "Oh, I thought he told you. So..."

The soldier was interrupted by Belle shouting from above, "I spotted the sniper! But I think Piper also sees something else!" Piper nodded from a tower, "Oh my stars, there are vehicles coming towards us!" The soldiers quickly went to their base weapons and started scoping out the vehicles. There were mountain-trekking tanks and air support spacecrafts. Along with an abundant amount of soldiers. They stormed over the sandy plain as a misty fog of sand surround the enemy.

One of the soldiers called to Larry, "What's our first mo-I forgot his out for now, s**t." Belle quickly replied to the panicking soldiers, "Don't worry! I'm the leader of my gang, colonel Ruffs can also help." Ruffs ran to one of the soldiers, "How much fire can the forcefield withstand?"
"The tower can only hold heavy fire for sometime but can not hold people bypassing it."

Ruffs nodded. He quickly ran to the control centre and spoke into the microphone, "Attention anti-vehicle turrets, target the air supports, the brawlers will deal with the tanks. If possible, anti-infantry can provide support fire!" Ruffs got of the microphone and quickly ran out of the base, making the brawlers to follow him.

The brawlers stampeded towards the edge of the forcefield. They watched the soldiers taking position as they aimed. Turrets already started firing as some spacecrafts were being damaged.