Chapter 23: Plant Resilience

Virus was still in spirit form(digital form) and could only infect things connected to him. He was working with his partner to get a physical body. Virus was in a vast black area with light blaring in front of him like a screen. He saw many, if not all brawlers sleeping.

Virus looked around from a wire, observing Surge and Max. "I'll leave this two for now..."

"[Redacted]! Scan the area for potential recruits. I'll wait here no more, we recruit at night, and strike by morning."

"Yes sir, I found 5 targets: Brawler Rico, Brawler Nani, Brawler Sprout. These brawlers may prove useful to infiltrating operations. The other two are special, high value targets: Major. Mike Camill-C.A.M, and Butler Warden. Cam is situated in the camera office guarding the sector you currently situated in sir, while Warden is at the opposite side, defending the young engineer, Jessie Junker. Along with Biker Gang Member Bibi. Detective Colonel. Larry Lanear is also residing near them."

Virus heard it and smiled, "Perfect." He went through the wires, away from Surge and Max and proceeded to find the first target: Rico.
————————————————————————

Rico POV

I felt like I'm being watched, as if an evil presence is near. Luckily, I got the camera with me. I got up from my bed and looked around. Summoning my gun, I looked at Piper, if I were to fire, I would hurt her too. So, *sigh* , I'll have to fight whatever it is watching me with my bare hands!
"Come out, wherever you are..." I whispered.
The glare is intense now...almost as if...

Normal POV

Virus was about to pounce from the wire. "3...2...1." A black and lime blob spit it self right onto the other bot's eye.

Rico POV

God dammit! Gah! I can hear myself silently screaming. I staggered and hit something behind. This thing...what is this? I...I see green everywhere. This...doesn't feel right. I...I'm gonna pass out.
"Argh!" I scratched my eye desperately,
"Don't worry, it'll be over soon."
What? What was that? Alright, last resort. I could feel the blob thing in my hand and eye. I used my uninfected hand, and grabbed the combat knife. I'm sorry Piper. I stab my eye and that was the last thing I saw, a blade coming towards me...

Virus POV

Ha! This is so much fun, this guy has a strong will though...ah whatever, I'll get him eventually. More pain, more fun. Yup, he just crashed into a desk like an idiot. And he-oh damn...oh shit. Damn. He just stabbed he own eye to end his pain. But did he really think that would kill me? I'm not even there! That's just a drone. I'm just controlling it from here, from my wire.

Welp. This guys under my control now. He got a knife in his eye. Just pull that out...-and there we go! Just keep it or something, it may prove useful...I dunno.

Normal POV

The infected Rico stood up. He had lime accent around him. He grabbed the knife out of his eye and regenerated the damaged eye with some miniature robots from the virus. Rico walked out of the apartment and stood outside. He made sure no cameras were around, and walked in the hall, before getting sucked into a wire.

Virus was standing in front of Rico as the other bot materialised in front of him, disappearing from the hall. "Alright my new servant, you'll now be my temporary body guard and body, I have plans for Surge.

They proceeded through the wires to the next target, Sprout.
————————————————————————

Sprout was charging himself, which was his way of sleeping. (Sprout is a boy in this book) Just like Rico, an ominous stare was present. Which woke up the little robot.