Chapter 14: Experiment [V♓︎❒︎◆︎⬧︎] Log: 2

Leon stared at the card in his hand, it displayed a picture of Wingleton and had his personal details, as well as his rank which was, unsurprisingly, General. Leon looked at his cell door and noticed a card swiper. He inserted the card in the swiper and pulled down. "Beep beep!" Leon jerked back and threw the key card into his hoodie pocket.

A wearten came in with two bottles of mush. "What was that?" He asked as he looked around suspiciously. Leon gulped and acted like he was just leaning against the wall. Sweat drops formed on his neck as Leon placed his cold hands together and made a finger tent. The wearten walked over and gave 8-bit one of the bottles. Then he went to Leon.

The wearten kneeled down and looked at Leon up and down. The guard wore standard black armour and had a light shade of brown for a beak. Leon looked down, avoiding eye contact. The wearten looked at the food flap and passed Leon the bottle of mush.

"This is your lunch. Don't expect more." The wearten croaked in a soar voice. Leon looked at the bottle of liquid. "That's all we get? We'll die of hunger for this!" The wearten sighed, "It's a quick lunch drink. All your nutrients, vitamins, hydration, and fullness is inside." Leon raised his eyebrows and glanced at the liquid. The wearten then left the room.

Leon tasted the liquid and made a confused and mildly disgusted face, "This stuffs weird...it tastes like water but feels like eating vomit! Gross! And it's a viscid (slow moving like honey) liquid!"
At the same time however, Leon realised he was feeling fuller and well fed. He placed the bottle of food down and decided that it was best not to make himself too full.

Leon took out the keycard and tried swiping again. And again...and again. "Argh! Just work dammit!" Leon swiped fast, slow and constantly. Until he decided to be patient. "Okay...how 'bout we try normally?" Leon swiped at a medium speed and used sufficient strength. Allowing a satisfying positive sound play. Leon walked through the door as it slides open. 8-bit looked out and saw Leon outside.

"Hey Leon! Little help?" Leon nodded as he jogged towards the other cell. He swiped and did the cleanest card swipe in history. The door slid open and the two stood by each other. Leon walked around the room and checked for any items. 8-bit on the other hand, looked around the room for cameras. He scouted out and saw one. It was currently looking at the other direction, but was soon turning. 8-bit quickly beckoned Leon to climb on top of him. Leon saw the camera and did as he was told. He punched the camera and it malfunctioned.

Composed by Scott Buckley, I really like this song and thought it'd be cool to show it here. All rights reserved for the rightful owners.

(I think you can play the song if you play this video then go on youtube to watch a video before coming back here, it should automatically play. Maybe. If you want to stop the loop, reload wattpad. I hope this doesn't break your device.)

The camera fell to the ground and was destroyed. This immediately caused an alarm to play and the base turned red. Leon covered his ears and ran for the exit. 8-bit followed after but was too slow to keep up. "Leon! Go! I'll catch up later!" Leon looked behind him and noticed 8-but struggling to move quickly. He cursed under his breath and ran towards 8-bit. "No! Run!" 8-bit shouted. Leon went behind 8-bit and started pushing. That only caused him to fall on the floor from slipping.

Two guards ran into the hallway they were in and shouted for them to halt. 8-bit was about to summon his weapon but realised he couldn't. Leon ran the other way as he saw 8-bit get surrounded by other soldiers. Leon looked away as he focus on his tasked at hand.

Leon tried throwing a smoke bomb but realised he couldn't. "What's going on? Why- Arge! Never mind!" Leon ran another way, away from the soldiers as he felt the cool metal floor beneath his bare feet. Leon's heart was beating faster as his hood came off. The thumping of large combat boots could be heard behind him as guards chased him down.

After running a few seconds, managing to keep a distance away from the guards, out of instinct, Leon dodged a whistling shot from behind. He looked back and saw a soldier holding crossbows with dart arrows loaded. One was currently aiming while running. Leon gasped as he looked back at the front. He noticed a cross way. Leon took the left and barely dodged the dart.

Leon could feel the aching in his legs building up as he ran slower. The pain was reaching his thighs, sweat trickling down his forehead. Adrenaline help keep the boy going, "I must get away, 8-bit didn't sacrifice himself for nothing. That keycard was not for nothing!" Leon sprinted faster as more shouting was heard from behind.

Leon came to a large room as big as an Olympic swimming pool. There were bridges everywhere and metal supports holding up large structures. Leon saw a large sign while running and read quickly, "Lab is south, engineering stations are west, uhh...Escape pods, escape pods! North!" Leon sprinted even quicker as he saw some boxes at the side. He pushed it down, hoping that the people chasing would have trouble getting by.

The guards ran and jumped for flight as the room was big enough for flight dodging the boxes easily. Leon noticed this and quickly looked around desperately for an alternate route. There was a cargo loading bay which had a small door. It still led north.

Leon changed his course to the loading bay just before a wearten swooped down to grab him. Narrowly dodging the bird. Leon fell down and took some breaths to regain energy.

However, guards landed outside as they bent their wings in and slowly walked into a cargo bay. Leon huffed and continued running. As he dashed for the next room, he saw some conveyer belts in a busy room.

Boxes were stack everywhere, and hanging hooks and boxes made it hard for flight. Leon saw a wearten flying before crashing into a box in the air and falling. Leon went under conveyer belts, forcing the weartens to sprint instead. Leon saw a large shutter coming down to close.

"Come on!" Leon thought as he sprinted and made a mad dash for the door. The pain in his legs was becoming unbearable, and his movements became sloppy. A guard was at his tail and was very close to grabbing him.

"Come'er you!" He screeched before spreading its wings up to cover the boy. But darts from behind collided with his wings, taking him into dreamland. "You idiot! Why'd you spread your wings?" Leon heard not far behind.

The shutter was almost closed and the height left was only double of Leon's height. He was around 30 metres away. He sprinted to his last breath and skidded into the small opening below.

As Leon made it across the shutter, he laid down, thinking he was safe. However, an arm grabbed his leg and pulled him back. Luckily, the shutter crushed the arm and a loud screech could be heard before the feather arm was disconnected from the source, hanging from Leon's leg.

"Ew! Ew ew ew!" Leon squeaked as he kicked the severed arm away. Purple liquid dropped from the arm, mildly shocking Leon. He quickly ran away before anyone else caught up. He saw an escape pod and reached for it.

...

*Zip*

Before Leon could touch the escape pod, an indescribable pain shook his entire body. He fell to the ground and reached for the escape pod hopefully. "No! I'm so-I'm so close!" Leon coughed. He levitated in the air before being pulled back.

Standing behind him was another wearten. This wearten had a very dark shade of brown for his beak and he wore a dark blue suit, as well as a dark green tie. He wore dark blue pants and held a pistol in one hand, as well as wore a mechanical glove in the other.

The wearten smiled with sinister intent as he took off the glove. "Guards! Take him away." Leon held back tears of rage as he scratched the floor grabbing on to the ground, "You can't do this! You scum! Who are you? Who are you! Answer me!" The suited wearten looked at Leon with one eye as he smiled and walked away.

Something hit Leon in the back again and he knew he could do nothing. The last thing he saw was Cross taking down notes while standing beside the back facing suited wearten.

[Log 2: Complete.]