Chapter 45: Gather Your Team

"Grab your weapons! We'll be attacking soon!" Larry in an announcement. Leon left his bed quickly and prepared himself. He swiped his hoodie off a coat rack and wore it quickly. Then he loaded his wrist shooter and checked his communicator. Leon unlocked the door and ran out of his room.

Greeted by a complete empty space. No one was around, except for a highly armoured soldier. Leon quickly made his way towards the soldier.

"What are you doing here?" Leon asked the soldier.

"Just waiting for my partner, he takes rather long due to his fanatical rocket obsession." The rapien spoke in a gruff voice. Leon thought for a moment, then asked, "Are you part of the operation today?"

"Haha, there are many operations. Which one do you refer to?" The rapien chuckled. Leon scratched his head, "The one with a lot of snipers?" Leon guessed. The rapien nodded, "Operation Watching Eagle. Weird name I know. We'll be killing Mark today."

Leon nodded, "I guess I'll be waiting for my friends."

The rapien nodded, "Well then you made a new friend today." He extended his hand out for a handshake. Leon shook his larger hand. Leon then looked and examined the rapien closely after seeing his hand size. The rapien was almost double his height. He only seemed shorter due to slouching.

"Oh I'm ready to blow shit up!" A higher pitch voice spoke. The two fighters looked to the sound, "He's here."

Leon looked at the two, "They're like the opposite of each other..."
The armoured rapien took out a metal rod and it extended into a glaive while his hand had a shield extending from his wrist.

The other short rapien had goggles over his head and wore a grey shirt beneath a jacket dotted with golden buttons. It was obvious that most of his equipment and clothing had been charred before. His belt was hung with bags and equipment. He also wore brown gloves with fur fist guards. His boots were fur made and he had light armour padded everywhere.

To finish everything off, he had a giant complex looking chain rocket launcher that looked like it came out from a science fair.

The tall rapien smiled, "I'm sorry, we have yet to introduce ourselves. I'm Vorhur. And this is Edwelm."

Leon nodded, "I'm Leon. I'm quite new here." Vorhur nodded, "I heard, you help place the tracker on Mark, yes?" Leon nodded.

"Wow amazing! I'll do something crazy too! Like blowing everything up!" Edwelm shouted. Vorhur calmed him down, "Anyways, Leon, we'll be heading out to meet Larry soon. See you there."

Leon quickly questioned them before they left, "Uhh...I actually don't really know where to go."

"Oh I'm sure Larry gave the instructions to one of your friends."

Leon nodded and thanked them. He sat at the bench and took out his phone. Surprisingly, it worked, but little apps could be used. He texted Bibi about the location of Larry. She texted with a 'no'.

Leon sighed and turned off his phone. It had almost no battery. He relaxed on the bench and closed his eyes as he waited for the others.

...

A short while later, Bibi came out of one of the rooms. She was geared up and ready to go. "8-bit should have the instructions. Yet he's the slowest out of the three of us."

Leon grunted, "Maybe it's because he's the oldest. He's like thirty or something."

"Personality wise, yes. But when he was made, he's around the same age, if not younger than us."

"Well, when humans are born, they are born as children. When robots are made, they start off already with the perks of a grown person." Leon reasoned.

"Eh, whatever nerd." Bibi said as she sat beside Leon.

Leon rolled his eyes and continued waiting.

...

A few minutes had passed and 8-bit had finally arrived. "Sorry it took so long guys! I lost the instructions."

Leon raised his eyebrow, "You mean Larry gave you instructions though a paper and not told you instead?"

"Uhh...yeah...yeah I didn't scan the instructions."
8-bit explained.

"Suuuuure..." Leon said with sarcasm as he looked at Bibi. The three made their way quickly to the location through 8-bit's direction and reached the same meeting room they were in yesterday.

Larry let them in and the three sat down.
"We are still waiting for one other soldier. In the meantime, you guys can chat and get to know each other." Larry informed.

Vorhur and Edwelm were sitting opposite the brawlers and decided to talk.

...

After some chatting, the door slammed open, revealing a thin rapien with a sniper rifle slung over their shoulder.

"I'm here." A monotonous female voice spoke.

The rapien was female and had a dark purple jacket that was tattered, a tattered scarf and a lot of purple and black camouflage clothing. She had light purple armour at her knees and light combat boots.

Her whole outfit was almost similar except for her black and purple hood that had multi vision goggles(night vision, infarray, inverted, colour blind).
She also had black binoculars that were hung on a lanyard.

The rapien sat down and the meeting was now set. Larry introduced all the soldiers that were part of the mission.

"So, in this mission, we have seven of us here. Of course I'm here, and you guys."

"The first one of you here is Vorhur. Ex-mercenary that is trained in guarding a point. Then you got Edwelm. Brothers In Arms with Vorhur and steam power mechanic. He is our demolitionist for sniper towers. Then we have Tellon, a special operative in sniper work. She is our counter sniper and hacker.
On the newer side of operatives, we have Leon, brawler of Earth. He is an assassin with training in invisibility. He would be assisting in dealing in close quarter battles. We have Bibi, also a brawler of Earth. She is a gang member on earth and is good at batting. She is trained in rushing down enemies and taking them out quickly. Lastly, we have another brawler of earth. 8-bit. He is a biomechanical brawler that is an arcade owner. He is trained in support and holding points while gunning down with suppressive shots."

Larry finished introducing everyone and started planning their attack. "This is perhaps one of the most risky attacks we are going to ever do. But sending our entire army will not be a good idea with those snipers scattered all over the base perimeter."

He showed a hologram of all the snipers that were detected from the trackers. Red dots dotted the area, signalling eyes everywhere.

"Instead we decided to go stealthy. Hiding from the snipers by going through the buildings. We have Vorhur and 8-bit to help block shots if we get detected. Bibi and Tellon to detect cameras. And Edwelm will be with Leon to take snipers down. I'll lead the way." Larry explained.

"Lastly, we have a route to follow." Larry showed a map with the route.

"We'll start. Now."