Chapter 41: First Mission

The trio woke up to an alarm as the three came off their beds in their separate rooms. They stepped outside of their rooms at the same time as they glanced at each other. "I guess everyone's preparing to depart for our first mission." 8-bit observed as he saw different soldiers exiting their dorms and going to different rooms.

The place was like a flat(building), filled with people rushing about constantly. The walls were purple, reinforced with purple metal at the sides. There were four floors, the dorms in which were by the hundreds. The roof was a glass dome that had a forcefield like matter covering it.

Larry noticed the three brawlers standing around, so he came by and decided to brief them on what to do, "Alright guys, we'll start our operation immediately so just do your usual morning routines you do on earth. Like washing your face and whatnot. After that, gear up and meet us at the teleportation bay."
Larry pushed a map into Leon's hands and added, "Ask the soldiers if you need directions. Say that you are new to the area and is sent by me."

The brawlers nodded in response and quickly left to do their things. Larry called one last time, "You have 45 minutes!" He shouted as he left.

Timeskip

The trio had finished preparations and proceeded to make their way towards the teleportation bay. There were people everywhere. So finding someone to ask was easy.

A soldier was checking his gun when Leon approached him, "Umm, excuse me sir. Would you mind helping us get to the teleportation bay? We are new here."

He looked at the three and scratched his head, "Huh, I didn't know humans participated in our operations."

"Larry sent us."

The rapien turned in interest and looked at Leon curiously, "Okay, which one?"

Leon scratched his head, "Uhh...the...the guy that is uhh. What do I say..."

"The colonel who has white skin." 8-bit answered as he assisted Leon.

The soldier immediately received the message as he slung his gun over his shoulder, "Oh that Larry. Right this way brother." He beckoned them to follow him as he trotted towards a opening to another hallway down the path.

They eventually reach their destination, in which there was around thirty to forty soldiers inside. The soldier went into the crowd as the trio fit in.

The teleportation bay charged up as they saw the cyan flash again and they were transported to the space port.

The soldiers marched outside the teleportation bay, towards Larry, who was standing on a sturdy box tower near a spacecraft carrier. Soldiers seemed to be gathering around him.

The trio went to the sides and watched him as he waited for more soldiers to arrive.

A few minutes passed and he looked at his wrist communicator. He nodded and began his speech.

"Soldiers and personnels of Cladis. We are gathered here today, to prepare ourselves, for one of the biggest missions yet. With our new technologies, we can overcome one of our enemies' core leaders! That would be a devastating lost for the enemy! While we are fighting snipers today, they won't be the ones to fool us like before! They'd be the ones to be fooled! No more trickery from them shall we behold! We mustn't be afraid! Together, we will destroy them!"

The crowd cheered as the three brawlers looked around. Larry calmed them down, "Alright guys, any questions on our objective?"

Bibi looked at Leon and 8-bit. Leon nodded and raised his hand.
"Oh, our new recruits! What is it fighters?" Larry asked.
"Umm...I think we still haven't gotten the name of the guy that we are hunting for...I mean if you guys do have his name!" Leon replied.

Larry laughed and the other soldiers shook their heads, chuckling. They then all went serious.

Leon and the other two brawlers felt that they said something wrong.

"That b*st*ed of a sniper..." Larry said.
Some soldiers then answered, "Mark Ealizar. Sadistic yet silent killer. He has been the leader for their special operations classed soldiers for nearly a decade. He started being their leader at the age of 18."

The brawlers nodded, "Alright..." Leon muttered quietly.
Larry swiped it off, "Hey! But today, or maybe tomorrow, we'll get him! That assassin ass will die soon. We have lost some people in a losing battle before, now we will lose no people fighting a winning battle!"
Larry hopped off the platform and ran towards the trio as soldiers moved towards ships. "Guys! Alright, we already synced the motion detectors, it's like a visor so just..." he pulled the square open and it revealed a holographic visor, "pull it open like this!" He then handled each of the visors to the three.

"Follow me."

The four fighters boarded an armoured spacecraft as it prepared for take off.
"Here's the plan. We will be heading to a planet called Silva, and we need each of you to do a different role that would assist each other."

The brawlers nodded.

"Okay so, our plan here is to act like a rapien trade route with high ranking people like me there. If he notices me, his objective will be to kill me. So I will be the one to sound the alarm when he attempts to assassinate me. After realising that he's compromised, we would use previously set up cameras to become drones. They will zap him and we'll attempt to capture him. If not, some one has to shoot a tracker on him."

He looked at 8-bit, "You may not play a big role but you're still important. Due to your generally slower speed, you can act as a guard to other soldiers, just in case. When we chase him, take any chance to teleport to him. But never leave yourself open. He has a quick-targeting eye and scope. So use the bushes to your advantage."

Larry then looked at Bibi, "You will play the second most important role. You must try to flank him so that when he reaches his ship, you can knock him back. Try to ambush him too, he's not the best at melee but is still highly dangerous."

Larry finally looked at Leon, "Leon. You would be the most important in this operation. You are the only one, apart from Cam, that can catch up to wearten flight. With your invisibility and your speed boost with it, you will be the one to shoot the ship with a tracking mark. Try to assassinate him but don't forget your main objective. Cam would assist in distracting him."
Larry then handed a black star blade with segments on each blade. He also took out another wrist device, "This has been upgraded yesterday for this operation. While it is a little heavier, it allows you to shoot special blades instead of throwing. Shot blades have higher velocity to puncture itself in the hull of the ship."

Leon removed his wrist grappling hook and replaced it with the double use wrist equipment, grappling hook and blade shooter.

Leon don't feel much of a weight difference so he loaded the special blade into the shooter.

Larry was about to leave when he stopped, "Oh by the way, the blade would detach itself once the tracking nano bots have been deployed."

He stretched, "Well, we still got a few hours until we break light speed and arrive at the planet. Have some rest, peoples lives will be at stake."

The three brawlers revised their roles and went to some seats. They rested as they waited for the ship to halt. From outside, around 10-20 ships could be seen, having one spacecraft carrier.

...

"Are you sure sending rookies to do such an important mission would be a good idea?"
"I've seen them survive something worst. Our soldiers lost morale quickly no matter what we did. I felt crippled too. But these brawlers seem to stay strong."
"You have a point there but the previous encounter was with an aggressor that fights closer. Are you sure the boy can catch up with a runner?"
"I'm sure he can. If he can't, only Cam can do so."
"Me? He'll just EMP my systems! That always happens!"
"We'll see. This better work."
"Oh it will. Hopefully."