Chapter 35: Failure

Virus POV

I felt my surroundings rumbling and I blinked my eyes open. I looked around and saw nothing but a pitch black abyss. My mechanical body was gone and I was my old self.

I looked at my body and feared for the worse. "Did they take my freedom away? Where am I? Why don't I have a body? Am I going to be trapped here like last time?" These questions raced through my mind. I floated around like a spirit. I was like a green hologram.

Then, I thought to myself, "This is what I have been doing to everyone haven't I?" I continued moving forwards until-

I saw a figure in a distance. I squinted my eyes but it didn't make any difference. The figure seemed to progress slowly towards me. The more I look, the more I recognised the person.

8-bit was walking towards me.

Maybe I can use him as a host like normal. But something about this original 8-bit disturbed me. He was smiling.

I was confused at first...

A non-luminous lime green line appeared, connecting the two of us. The line was flickering...and suddenly-the line was severed and I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

"No...I don't need you!" I shouted as I kneeled down from the pain.

As soon as I said that, many lines appeared, connecting into the darkness as they led to my heart.

Many different people stepped out of the shadows- all of them which was under my control before.

They all severed their lines and I felt critical pain in my head. "Stop it! I don't need any of you...I don't...I DON'T!" I yelled in pain.

Suddenly, a hand touched my ghostly shoulder. I felt relief and warmth wash over me, for some weird reason.

I turned around and saw a black figure. That's when I realised that the figure was Zod. I smiled at something that was finally calming.

That was cut short.

The floor beneath him suddenly fell and I gasped. I gripped onto his hand but...a force made me pulled my hand away. I didn't want to do that! But, I stared in dismay as the figure fell into the darkness.

I could feel my staggering breath as I stood up. My body felt cold and I saw the body that I was using before. He was standing and looking at the darkness.

He seemed to notice my presence and turned his head. Upon seeing me, he came towards me hurriedly and told me, "Ma...up."

What?

"Mak...up."

I don't understand?

"Wake-

"WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!"

Normal POV

Virus jerked awake as he was soaked in sweat. The pilot, seeing Virus's awakening, stood up and exited the ship. Virus stood up groggily and made his way outside.

The atmosphere radiated a sinister tone as Virus was escorted down the dark hallway. Many guards were around and didn't take glances at the sight of Virus.

The pilot stood at a set of large double doors. It had purple and black for colour. He took an identity card and gave it to a machine which took it. It took some time before a response was delivered. "Enter." He then proceeded to push the doors opened.

Virus was nudged into the dark room. Virus sighed, "So this is it. I'm gonna die now right?"

He extended his arms to lift him off the ground as he manoeuvred the dark plane. The darkness suddenly showed a light, directed on Virus. He flinched from the burst of light as he adjusted his eyes.