Chapter 15: Serious Stuff

Poco had gotten back to his usual clothes and sat down on a chair to explain about what they were doing in the mothership.

"There was plenty of large canisters that were around the airbase part of the mothership. We accidentally shot one and it created a large explosion to damage it. So we decided to shoot all of it by flying a ship inside and destroying everything from the inside."

Larry nodded, amused by the brawler's previous plunder.

"What you shot, was probably the fuel for some weapons and the spacecrafts. Who shot it first?"

Poco rubbed his bottom jaw and thought in a pensive mood.

"I think a wearten soldier fired another side with some sort of big gun when El Primo punch his entire body to the left."

Larry laughed,

"That must have been so lucky to discover, just from an accidental weapon direct, you found an effective solution to destroy mega ships. I have to say I'm impressed, really I am!"

Larry stood up from his seat and Poco did so too. They both shook hands as Larry bent down and thanked Poco, "Thanks for your explanation. And thank you for defending the base."
————————————————————————

Pam was busy tinkering with the wearten spacecraft while Ruffs rummaged the interior for any contents.

Pam was below the ship and studying the mechanics of the ship.

Ruffs was opening all hatches that he could see.

"Cabinet one... cabinet two... oh look! That's something to look at."

Ruffs had found a stack of books and the first cover of the book at the top of the small stack resembled the ship they were on.

"Manual on mechanics of Light Fighter type 4."
Ruffs read.

Ruffs looked over to Pam and shouted from the door. "Hey! Pam, you may wanna have a look at this!"

The colonel boomeranged the manual towards the lady. She caught it and pushed herself out of the bottom. "I can use this."

Ruffs discovered that the rest of the books were all manuals on how to use different things on the ship.

Ruffs skimmed through the books as he read a few words.

"Pilot seat...equipment loading...Med bay...boarding station...flank weaponry..." and the list goes on. Ruffs sat the manuals on the table outside the ship and continued his search.

Ruffs had been searching the middle area and found a couple of things. A miniature canister that he saw from the mothership, many injectors. A grey dagger that illuminated with cyan, a pen, and some body equipment, e.g: wrist communicator and helmet.

"We'll that's that. Time for the cockpit now."  Ruffs went to the front that had the pilot seat and saw the round transparent windows. The front windows that allowed the pilot to see was a spherical shape.

Ruffs went to the pilot seat and noticed a shelf at the right side. He walked towards it and noticed many tapes locked into the shelf. Ruffs tried pulling one out but some laser strings kept the tapes intact.

A robotic voice spoke. "Access denied! Required for access: Captain's keycard."

Ruffs rolled his eyes as he went searching for a keycard.

Not long after, there was a drawer under the pilot seat. Ruffs pulled it open and grabbed a bunch of keycards and scanned each card on the shelf.

"Access granted. Select mission log."
Ruffs smiled to himself at his accomplishment.
There were many tapes that had different colours. He look through the tapes and found one that had an ominous green and wire looking things spreading across the tape.