Thirty-seven

Thirty-seven

"Is nana coming with us?" Ella asks as I help her pack her clothes into her pink luggage.

"Yes, princess." I smile at her, watching her face brighten up.

"And grandpa?" I give her a nod. "How about Auntie GemGem, Uncle Al-Al and James?" She asks, putting her new bathing suit, that Jaz got her, in her luggage as her hair falls in front of her face.

"They are all coming with us too." I smile. Getting annoyed that her hair keeping going into her face when she looks down, I carefully tie her hair into a bun on the top of her head, smiling with success when I finish.

"How about Jazzy?" She continues asking, turning her whole body towards me with her eyes wide. "Is Jazzy coming?"

"Jazzy's coming too." I say, my heart warming up as I reply. Ella jumps up and down, a squeal coming out of her mouth with excitement.

"This is the best birthday ever, dada!" She says, giving me a tight hug and kissing my cheek.

"I'm very happy hear that." I beam at her, kissing her forehead.

"Thank you. I love you, daddy."

"You're welcome, anything for my little girl. I love you so much, Ella. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I say honestly, hugging her tighter.

"Oww, you're squishing me, dada." She says, wiggling as she tries to break free of my hold.

"Oh, oops. Sorry, baby." I chuckle, kissing her nose to make up for it.

"It's okay." She smiles.

We resume packing her luggage, playing Disney songs on my laptop to make packing more enjoyable. Ella sings along to every song, unconsciously taking each article of clothing from her drawer and putting it in the luggage. I laugh, smiling at her cuteness, as I remind her that we will be gone for only a week and not forever.

"But why can't we live there?" She asks, a pout resting on her lips.

"Because we live here, princess. Plus, if we live there, it won't be in the park and that's no fun, right Ella?" I ask, looking at her briefly as I take out some unnecessary clothes from her luggage. Ella shrugs her shoulders in thought as my phone starts ringing, halting me from my actions. I pick up my phone and immediately swipe the screen to answer when I see it's Jasmine calling.

"Hey, babe." She says, sounding distracted.

"Hey, Jaz." I reply back, a smirk forming on my lips from the pet name. "What's up?"

"Just packing, you?"

"Same, packing Ella's luggage. Want to say hi to Jazzy?" I ask Ella, holding the phone out for her. She nods and grabs the phone, pressing it to her ear with a bright smile on her face.

"Hi Jazzy!...Yes, I'm so excited!...dada is helping me. I'm so happy you are coming too, Jazzy. You're like my mummy to me." My eyes widen at her statement, my heart starting to thump loudly in my ears. "Okay, see you tomorrow morning. I love you, Jazzy." Ella hands me back my phone with a smile on her face. I hold it up to my ear as I stand up, ready to leave the room.

"I'm just going to grab a snack, okay, Els?" She gives me a nod as she grabs Olaf, one of Jasmine's presents, and Fluffy to amuse herself.

"I honestly don't know what to say." Jasmine says, breaking the silence. I walk down the hall to the kitchen, rubbing my hand over my tired face.

"I don't know what to say too." I breathe out, finding myself in one of the most stickiest situations a 24 year old guy shouldn't be in.

I don't even know how long Jasmine and I are going to be together. After all, we just officially started going out yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I like Jasmine a lot. Probably more than I should right now. She makes me happy, she makes me feel twenty-four, she makes me live a more spontaneous life which is something I lacked greatly before she came into it. Jasmine is nice and outgoing and everything, she makes me feel wonderful, but things might happen between us.