Fifty-three

since everyone was pretty upset about the book ending really soon, i'll extend it to chapter 60 + epilogue. some people have also suggested that i do a sequel, but i've come to a conclusion that there won't be one. so sorry but i don't want this story to drag out too long, and i want to start writing my two other books.

hope you understand, and i hope you enjoy the chapter :)

====================

Fifty-three

I park my car into a free parking spot at Ella's school, giving Jasmine a quick smile before hopping out. I shut my door behind me, jogging over to Jasmine's side and frown when I see she's already out of the car.

"I wanted to open the door for you." I playfully pout, holding onto her hand with my right hand while my left hand locks my car from the remote.

"I can climb out a car perfectly fine, thank you very much." She laughs, sticking her tongue out at me.

"I know, but I like being a gentleman."

"And you are one, babe. I promise you." She kisses my cheek making me smile.

We walk into the building, feeling so happy at the fact that Jasmine and I are going to pick up Ella together. We walk to the daycare centre as Jasmine rants about one of her profs, saying how dumb his teaching style is. When we finally stand in front of the door, I let go of Jasmine's hand to look more professional, the daycare staff immediately seeing us and smiling.

"Hey, Harry!" Lisa walks over to Jasmine and I. "And Jasmine right?" Jasmine smiles with a nod. I stand there confused how they know each other, but then I remember the time when I asked Jasmine to pick up Ella for me one afternoon.

"How was Ella today?" I ask as I look around the room, spotting Ella rushing to clean up her toys, looking at me with a huge smile on her face. I wave at her, a smile on my face as she waves back.

"She's well behaved like always." Lisa smiles, looking at Ella. Lisa has been working here for two years now, she's only a couple years older than me.

"That's good to hear." I say as I hear Ella saying bye to her friends before running towards us.

"Jazzy, dada!" She yells with excitement as she runs and hugs both of our waists.

"Hi, baby." I kiss her forehead.

"Hey, Ellabear." Jasmine smiles.

"What are you doing here?" Ella asks Jasmine with curiosity, her eyes lighting up with happiness and surprise.

"I went to surprise dada at work and then we can come together to pick you up."

"Yay! Does this mean you're going to pick me up more often with dada now?" I look at Jasmine, curious to hear her reply.

"I hope so." She smiles and looks at me. I smile at her back, happiness swarming inside of me. We say goodbye to Lisa before walking back to the car with Ella holding both of our hands.

"Dada?" She asks making me look down at her.

"Yes, princess?"

"Can we buy nail polish? Like the one Jazzy has on her hands?" I look at Jasmine's fingers and see black nail polish covering her fingernails. "My friend, Sarah, had pink ones on her fingers today and I want some on mine too." I lightly chuckle.

"Sure, Ella. Do you want to go to the store now?" She nods her head, excitement filling her features. "We need to get you your hair dye also, right?" I direct my question towards Jasmine, seeing her nod her head.