Five

Five 

"Hey, baby." I coo, sitting on the side of Ella's bed. Ella yawns and rubs her eyes, laying back down trying to go back to sleep. I chuckle at her cuteness. "Come on, you have to go to school and learn something new." I reach over to my little girl and run my hands through her tangled hair. 

"I don't want to go to school, dada." She groans and opens her eyes, looking at me.

"Why not, Ellabear?" I continue untangling her hair, pressing a kiss onto her forehead.

"Because." She says with a sigh. Worry starts to flood over me when I hear she doesn't want to go to school. Usually she is always smiling whenever I mention school, but right now she is frowning which makes my heart drop with concern. 

"What's wrong, Ella?" I gently hold onto her hand, helping her sit up so I could look at her properly. "Are you getting bullied at school?" I ask, praying she will say no. She shakes her head, and relief washes over me. 

"Oh thank god." I say under my breath, taking a second to calm my beating heart. "Then what's wrong then, Ella?" I ask. 

"I wanna sleep." She says, dramatically falling down onto her back closing her eyes. I chuckle and place my hands on her stomach, tickling her. 

"Are you tired now?" I ask as she bursts out laughing, squirming around to try to break free from my hold. 

"No, dada! P-please!" I stop tickling her with a smile on my face and watch as she quickly jumps out of bed. She runs around to where I am sitting and hugs me tightly. "Good morning, dada." She smiles and kisses my cheek. 

"Morning, sweetie. Now get dressed, we are going to eat outside before you go to school." She nods and walks over to her drawer, opening it to find an outfit to wear today.

"I don't know what to wear, dada. Could you help me?" She looks over to me, giving me the puppy dog eyes. I chuckle and stand up, walking over to my daughter, sitting down on the floor. It's a daily routine that I absolutely adore.

"Sure, baby. You need to wear something warm, it is getting cold now." She opens the bottom drawer where all her warmer clothes are held. "I like this sweater." I point to the white knitted sweater on the top. Ella takes it with a smile. 

"I like it too." She digs into the drawer and pulls out black leggings. "Is this okay, dada?" I nod with a smile. 

"Yeah, that's perfect. Do you need help getting dressed or are you a big girl who is too old for dada's help?" I smile. Ella giggles and shakes her head. 

"I'm a big girl, dada." She smiles at me. I stand up and kiss her forehead before walking towards the door. 

"Alright. I'm going to get dressed now okay, big girl Ella?" She giggles some more and nods with a wide smile on her lips. 

"Okay, dada." 

I leave her room and walk to my room which is right across hers. I close the door behind me and take off my pajama pants and tank top before putting on my skinny jeans, my white shirt and my blue flannel on top. I run my hands through my hair to rid from any tangles and put in leave-in conditioner to make it all nice and smooth. After brushing my teeth and putting on cologne, I grab my watch and messenger bag before exiting my room and knocking on Ella's closed door. 

"Almost done there, Ella?" I lean on the door waiting for a reply while I strap my watch around my wrist. 

"One second, dada!" I hear her call back. 

"Okay, I'll be in the living room." 

I grab some work papers off the coffee table and neatly put them back into my bag. I sit on the sofa and turn on the TV to see the weather for today. After a minute, Ella comes walking out and stands in front of me.