Eighteen

Eighteen 

"Look what I brought." Jasmine says as she enters my flat. I look at her hand that is raised, seeing a plastic bag. 

"What's in there?" I ask, sitting on the stool to the breakfast bar. Jasmine closes and locks the door behind her, bending down to hug Ella and kiss her cheek. 

"Some fast food." Jasmine smirks, walking to the kitchen and standing across from me, placing the plastic bag on the counter. 

"Really? Fast food?" I quirk an eyebrow up at her. She bursts out laughing, shaking her head at me. 

"Of course not, silly." She says, making me raise an eyebrow up at her. 

"Are you drunk? Why are you so happy? You even called me silly. You only call me that when you are drunk." 

"Can I not be happy?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows at me. 

"Sorry." I raise my hands in defense. "Be happy again, I like seeing happy Jasmine." I close my mouth as soon as I said it, my face heating up. 

"Thanks?" She asks, looking at me weirdly. "Anyways, I bought some chicken noodle soup for you, and some cookies for Ella." I smirk, even though my heart warms at the gesture. 

"Aww, you bought us stuff, so kind of you. Come here, let me give you a hug." I tease, opening my arms. I would walk to her and actually give her the hug but my body would go against me with this sickness I have. 

"Shut up." She playfully says, rolling her eyes with a smile. "Don't flatter yourself, Harry. I actually went to the shops because that's where I was when you called. And I just decided that to bring this because I am feeling happy today." 

"Aww, well, that's still nice of you." I smirk at her. "Why are you so happy?" I curiously ask, gulping down some medicine that I previously prepared before Jasmine knocked on the door. 

"None of your business." She says, turning around the prepare the chicken noodle soup. "Did you eat breakfast, Ella?" Jasmine asks, going around the counter to help her onto the stool besides me. 

"No." She shakes her head. Jasmine turns my way, giving me a 'really' look. 

"Sorry, Ella." I say, turning to my daughter and kissing her head. 

"It's okay, dada. I understand." She smiles at me. 

"So how does pancakes sound?" Jasmine asks her, a cough coming out of her lips. My eyebrows frown.

"Perfect. Thank you, Jazzy!" Ella says. I look at Jasmine, watching her take eggs out of the fridge and going through some cabinets to find other ingredients. I find myself smirking.

"So comfortable in my flat, huh?" I ask. Jasmine turns around, playfully rolling her eyes. 

"I am, actually. It's weird." Wow, something good must have happened to her. No sarcastic comments, no sass. I am really liking happy Jasmine. 

"Could we watch movies all day?" Ella asks, looking at me with pleading eyes. I chuckle. 

"I don't see why not, you can even eat the cookies Jasmine bought for you." I look at Jasmine and see her turn towards us, giving us a smile. 

"I love the sounds of that." She says. This is sooo weird. 

"Yay." Ella claps. 

Jasmine pours the soup in one of my bowls she found in the cupboard, handing it over to me with a spoon. 

"Thank you." I smile at her. She smiles back before flipping another pancake. 

"How would you like your pancakes, Princess Ella?" Jasmine says, turning off the stove and putting a plate with two pancakes in front of her. 

"Nutella!" She excitedly says. Ella won't be able to sleep tonight, that's for sure. 

"Nutella?" Jasmine says surprised, looking at me. I sheepishly smile. 

"She only eats pancakes with Nutella." I say, putting another spoonful of soup into my mouth. 

"No wonder she is always so hyper." Jasmine smirks at me, going to the cupboard to take it out. She hands the chocolate to Ella, taking out a dull knife and looking at me. "I can give this to her right?" I nod, smiling how she is careful with my daughter. 

Ella starts smothering her pancakes with Nutella, she put so much that I had to stop her and transfer some onto her other pancake, closing the Nutella jar. Jasmine pours some milk into a blue cup with Elsa on it, handing it over to Ella. 

"Thank you, Jasmine." I say, really appreciating all the effort she is putting. 

"It's nothing." She waves me off. She turns around and starts putting dishes into the sink, cleaning the counter also. 

"Jasmine, it's okay. I'll take care of that later." I say, feeling bad for her working so hard. 

"It's fine. I made this mess anyways." She shoos me off, starting the tap. 

"Jasmine, you put those dishes down right now and turn off that tap. I am not letting you clean the kitchen." I order. She turns around, smiling and rolling her eyes. 

"Okay. Fine." She smiles and stand in front of us, watching me and Ella eat. "You two look so alike. Same hair, same eyes, you both have dimples." I smile, not believing what she is saying. "But you have different noses, and she has a different personality than you. She's more bubbly, more risk taking." She says, no teasing tone in her voice.

I hold the bowl to my mouth, drinking the remain soup resting in the bowl. Putting the bowl back down on the counter, I look at Jasmine who is already looking at me, leaning her arms on the counter. 

"She got that from..." I trail off, glancing at Ella briefly before looking at Jasmine and mouthing 'her mum' to her. Jasmine nods understandably, looking at Ella and laughing. 

"I think you have a little something here." Jasmine says, pointing to the side of her lip. Ella wipes it off and continues eating. 

"So when are you going to tell me why you are so happy?" I ask, earning an eye roll from her. "We're all friends here." I say, smiling at her. 

"Yeah, I guess." She says, a smile threatening to show. "I have my boyfriend again." She says making my eyes widen and heart sink. 

"You're back with your ex?" I ask. She nods, smiling. 

"Yeah." She says looking off in a distance with her eyes practically in heart shapes. 

I feel sick. 

=========================

Oh... okay Jazzy...