Twelve

Twelve 

"Ella, princess, you really need to get ready now." I tell Ella, running my hand through her hair. 

"But I want to watch another movie." She whines, hugging Fluffy to her chest. She has already watched Frozen, Tangled and Ratatouille, and now she wants to watch another film. I smile and kiss her head.

"I know, princess, but we have to go somewhere for dinner." She shakes her head and lays down on the sofa, hugging Fluffy closer to her. "Ella." I say lightly. 

"I'm tired." She yawns. 

"I know, Els. You can sleep after. We are going to Jasmine's place." Ella opens her eyes at Jasmine's name, a smile starting to form on her face.

"Jazzy?" I nod with a smile. "Jazzy!" She says with excitement and jumps off of the sofa. 

"Yes, Jazzy. Are you going to get ready now?" She nods her head, a cheeky smile on her lips. "Wear one of your nice dresses."

"Okay, dada." 

Since when I am already dressed in my black jeans and a silky button down shirt, I head to the kitchen to have a drink of water. I let out a sigh and lean against the counter thinking of the mess I have just gotten myself into. 

"Dada!" I hear Ella shout my name. I put the cup down on the counter and walk over to her room, knocking on the door. 

"Yes, Ella." 

"I need help."

"Can I open the door?" 

"Yeah." I open the door and see Ella holding up a pair of her white tights. "Help, please." She smiles at me. 

"Of course." Ella sits down on the edge of her bed as I help put on her tights one by one on each leg. She stands up and takes over, pulling the tights up to her waist. 

"Thank you dada." Ella says and wraps her tiny arms around my body. A smile forms on my face when she can't wrap her arms fully around me, her hands stopping at the back of my arms. I hug my little girl back, placing a kiss on her head.

"You're welcome, sweetie."

=

Entering the parking lot, I look out the window at the building complex. It looks nice, average looking, not so expensive, but it still looks nice. I park in an available space and hop out of the car, going to Ella's door and holding her hand to help her out. 

As we walk to the lobby of the building, I glance at my watch and see it is 5:45. I purse my lips seeing that we are fifteen minutes early, but it is better being early than being late. I buzz Jasmine, waiting as the ringing noise fills the air. 

"Hello?" I hear her say. 

"Hi, Jazzy!" Ella shouts before I can even speak. 

"Oh, Ella. Hi." She says sounding happy. 

"Hey, Jasmine." I say. 

"Hi, Harry." She says, her voice sounding flatter and unenthusiastic. The line goes dead and I hear a buzz, signalling the door is unlocked. I open the door wide for Ella to enter first, and then me. 

We walk down the hall and go up the elevator to floor five. With Ella's hand in mine, we walk down the hall to her flat. 

"Can I knock?" Ella asks when we stop in front of flat 511. She beams up at me, her eyes wide with hope and a cheerful smile on her lips. 

"Sure, Els." Ella jumps with excitement and knocks on the door. She continues knocking after a few seconds even when we hear Jasmine walking to the door. "Okay, I think she heard it." I laugh and stop Ella from knocking more.