Six

Six 

"Dada?" I look up from my plate and see Ella across from me with spaghetti sauce all over her face. I chuckle with amusement. 

"Yes, baby?" I grab the napkin besides me and start wiping away the sauce as Ella shakes her head, trying to get me to stop. Once I successfully remove all the sauce, I sit back down on my chair and put more pasta into my mouth. 

"When are we going to see Jazzy again?" Ella asks. My eyes widen at her words. I look down, eating more spaghetti while I think. 

I really like how close they are, it makes me feel happy since Ella has a girl to talk to. But now that they are close, Ella would want to keep hanging out with Jasmine and I am not too keen on that idea. 

"Umm..." I stall, putting another fork full in my mouth. I look at Ella and see her giving me that look. The pleading look, making her eyes look wide and vulnerable. I internally groan. "When do you want to see her?" I crave in. 

"Today!" She beams. 

"I will talk to her and see if she is free today. But she might be busy." I say. Ella pouts with a nod.

We finish up our lunch and I put the plates in the sink, quickly hand washing them so the dishes won't be piled up. Ella runs over to the living room, sitting on the sofa watching her show. I stay seated in the kitchen, pulling out my phone to do something I don't really want to do. 

Me: Hey Lauren, how are you? Ella really seems to be liking Jasmine and wants to hang out with her today, is it alright if you give me her number please? Thank you .x 

I stand up from the chair and walk over to the kettle, plugging it into the wall socket. I see the little bowl of Lindor chocolates on the counter and pick two up with my hands. 

"Ella," I walk over to her, sitting besides her on the sofa. "Do you want one?" I smile at my little girl. 

"Yes please, dada!" She smiles, taking it from my hands. 

"No problem, princess." Ella crawls over to me and gives me a tight hug making my smile widen. I hug Ella back, planting a big kiss on her cheek. "I love you, Ellabear." I stroke her hair away from her face. 

"I love you too, dada." She kisses my cheek. She sits down on the couch, looking at the TV with a smile on her face. Hearing my phone beep, I get up from the couch and walk back to the kitchen, plopping the chocolate in my mouth while I do so. 

Lauren: Aww haha, that's cute. Jasmine has actually been talking about Ella too. I think she really adores her, which is good for her own well being since I'm afraid Jasmine is associating herself with people who don't have a good influence on her. So thank you, Harry :)

Lauren's reply makes me think back to Jasmines behaviour. It makes sense now as to why she acts like that. I send a quick reply to Lauren before texting Jasmine, whose number was attached with Lauren's previous text. 

Me: Hey Jasmine, it's Harry (Ella's father). Ella seems to be really enjoying your company and she wants to hang out with you today. If you are free sometime, I hope it won't be a hassle if you spend time with my daughter. I would really appreciate it, thank you. 

"Ahh! Dada!" I hear Ella scream. I look up alarmed, my heart beating fast from hearing her terrified scream. I see her standing on the sofa, looking at something in front of her. 

"Ella! What's wrong?" I run up to her as fast as I can. 

"Spider!" She points. I look at where she is pointing and see a house spider dangling off of a web from the ceiling. 

"Shh, it's okay, Ella. Okay?" I say looking for a tissue. I grab one from the tissue box and use it to capture the spider. "See, gone."

I fist the tissue and walk to the washroom, flushing it down the toilet. I walk back to Ella and see her crying, still standing in the same spot. 

"Shh," I pick her up and place her on my lap as I sit down on the sofa. I run my hands through her hair and rub her back to calm her down. "It's okay, princess. It was just a spider." I kiss her head.

She sniffles, wiping her nose with her hands. I grab a tissue and use it to wipe her tears away. I hear my phone ding in the kitchen where I left my phone. I pick Ella up, placing her on my hip as I walk to the kitchen. I place Ella on a chair, using the boiling water to make her some tea. 

"Are you okay?" I ask Ella. She sniffles and shakes her head. "Here, some tea." I place the mug in front of her. "It's hot okay, be careful." Ella blows on the steaming liquid while I walk to the counter to grab another Lindor chocolate. "Will you feel better if I give you another chocolate?" I ask with a knowing smile. Ella's face brightens, her eyes glued on the chocolate. 

"Mhmm." She nods her head, her sobs instantly stopping.

"Smile first. Let me see your princess worthy smile." She giggles, smiling while holding her hand out. I put the chocolate in her hand, kissing her head once more.

"See, it's alright." I smile at her, sitting across from Ella at the table. I grab my phone, unlocking it to see Jasmine replied. 

Jasmine: Sure, whatever. I'll be there in two hours. What's your address?