Ten

Ten 

I look at Jasmine with wide eyes as her question replays in my head once more. It finally seemed to have clicked what she has said and I form a small 'umm' as I think. 

"It's not like we are enjoying watching the movie." Jasmine says, trying to convince me. 

"But I don't want to leave Ella." Jasmine rolls her eyes. 

"Ella is sleeping, she is with your family who will take good care of her. Plus we will just be gone for a few hours, she will be fine. You know you really gotta learn to loosen up a bit. You're just twenty-four but you are acting like you are forty for Christ's sake." I bite on my lip as I think of what she has said. 

She is right. I am not having a good time watching those movies and I barely have anytime for myself anymore. Ella is safe here. 

"Okay, lets go then." I nod to her. Jasmine throws a fist in the air and smiles at me. A nice, wide smile that I don't always see. 

"Fuck yes!" 

"You really don't want to be here." I note with amusement. 

"I really don't. I feel like I'm fucking suffocating."

She turns around and leaves the kitchen, going to the closet to grab her jacket. I look back into the living room, seeing that they are so engaged with the movie. 

"No need to tell them, you are twenty-four years old. You can do whatever you want." Jasmine tells me as she slips on her boots. 

"I know, but notifying them is just the polite thing to do." I raise my eyebrow at her. 

"You really need to get out more." She says and slips out of the house. I turn around and walk into the living room, gently tapping Gemma on the shoulder since she is closest to me. 

"Me and Jasmine are just going to slip out for a bit." Gemma looks back to the TV and nods her head. 

"Mmm, okay. Just wear protection." My mouth flies open as I glare at Gemma. She just continues watching the film, not knowing what she just said. I shake my head and walk away, not bothering. 

I slip on my coat and put on my brown boots before exiting the house and locking it behind me. When I turn around, I see Jasmine in her car, flashing the headlights at me. I cover the light with my hand and slip into the passenger seat. 

"What took you forever?" She asks as she reverses onto the road. I quickly buckle up and look back at Jasmine. 

"I didn't take forever, you're over exaggerating." I scoff and look out the window, wondering where she is driving us. 

"Maybe so, but I was hoping you would be faster." I continue looking out the window, not bothering to reply to that comment. 

"So where are we going?" I finally ask.

"To a club." My eyes widen and I shake my head. 

"Oh, no way." I say sternly as I look back at the girl. 

"And why not?" 

"Because I said so. We are not going to a club."

"That's not a good enough reason." I take a deep breath, trying to calm my anger. 

"Why does there have to be a reason behind everything? I don't want to go to a club. Let's go somewhere else."

"Well I want to go to a club, and I am driving right now, so we are going to the club." I cross my arms over my chest and glare at Jasmine. She looks at me and tries not to laugh. "You think that glare is going to make me nervous and change my mind?" She laughs.