Seventeen

im just updating a hell of a lot bc i really don't want school and this is how i deal with my anxiety. enjoy :))

========================

Seventeen 

= Jasmine = 

Ella eats some strawberry flavoured jello, sitting up on the bed with her dad right besides her. The two are inseparable, Harry not daring to leave her sight. I stay seated on the side of her bed, smiling at her as Harry talks nonsense. 

"I don't like this." Ella says. I thought she was referring to the jello, but she soon raises her hand and touches the bandages that cover her stitches. 

"Don't do that." Harry says, his protectiveness taking over as he carefully and gently removes her hand from her face. Ella pouts. 

"You know what that is?" I ask, placing my hand on her thigh. She shakes her head. "It's a battle scar. It shows how strong of a girl you are." I say, giving her a smile. I look at Harry and see him giving me smile. 

"It hurts though." She pouts. I frown thinking of how vulnerable she must have been when it happened.

I look at Harry and see the pain behind his eyes alongside guilt. He forgot that my place doesn't have a stool that Ella always uses since she is too short. She probably tried to lift herself up on the counter to turn on the tap but her hand slipped and she hit her chin against the counter, falling and hitting her head against the floor too. I put a hand on Harry's leg, giving him a reassuring smile. 

"I know, baby." Harry says, kissing her head. "I'm sorry." Harry frowns, looking down at his lap. 

"Why are you sorry?" Ella asks, cocking her head to the side as she looks at her father. "It's not your fault, dada." Harry looks back at her, a sad smile on his face as he runs his hand through her messy hair. 

"I should have helped you. I forgot there was no stool, Ella." Harry sighs. 

"It's okay, daddy." She leans her head against his arm, hugging him. "Look, I'm alright." She smiles at him. Harry gives a smile, kissing her lips. 

"Yes, you are a strong, big girl." Harry smiles. 

I watch them interacting, a frown behind my smile. I realize how odd I feel right now, feeling like I am the stranger intruding into their lives. It makes me sigh, an unsettling feeling in my stomach as I watch the father-daughter love that they have. I wish my father had cared for me like that when I was younger. I wish I had some sort of relationship as loving as theirs. 

In a few hours, Ella is released from hospital and the two are sitting in the back of my car giggling together. Yes, Harry, a grown twenty-four year old man is giggling. I find myself looking in the rear view mirror occasionally, watching them as they get along. I sigh again, quietly, not wanting them to hear. 

When I pull up to their apartment, Harry climbs out and carries Ella on her hip since she is, and I quote 'a princess, and princesses who are healing should be treated like real princesses', making Ella all cute and giggly. 

"Thanks for everything, Jasmine." Harry says, standing besides my open window. I force out a small smile. "Say thank you." Harry says towards Ella. 

"Thank you, Jazzy." She says, a bright smile on her face. 

"You're welcome." I tell her with a more natural smile. "I hope you have a full recovery, Princess Ella. Take advantage of your dad." I joke with her, making her giggle and nod against Harry's neck. 

"Bye." Harry says, giving me a soft smile. I give one back, the best smile I could muster which is just a little curve of my lips. 

"Bye." I say, rolling my window back up and driving off. I look in the rear view mirror as I get further away, watching as Harry safely enters the building with Ella on his hip. 

--

= Harry = 

"Daddy, are you okay?" Ella asks, jumping on the bed besides me as another cough comes out of my mouth. 

"Ugh." I groan, rolling over to stuff my face in my pillow. I feel like utter crap. My throat is killing me, my head is pounding, I can't stop coughing, my back hurts, all my muscles hurt. 

"Dada?" Ella asks, hugging my back. I turn around carefully, using my shirt to cover my mouth as I cough again, not wanting her to get sick. I rest Ella on my chest, and smile up at my little girl. 

"Yes, princess. I'm alright. Just feeling a bit sick." I say, coughing again. I groan, my head hurting from the light in my room. 

"I will take care of you." She says, smiling at me. 

"Don't worry about me, Els. I'm fine." I muster a smile for her. I don't want her to get hurt again. I look at her chin, needing to change the bandage since a day passed since it happened and it needs to be changed. 

"Can Jazzy come over? She can take care of you." I chuckle, stroking her hair back. 

"I don't need someone to take care of me, but maybe she can come to hang out with you." Ella giggles. "I will cook some breakfast soon, let daddy get ready first." She nods and climbs off of me, running out of my room. 

I groan again, running a hand over my tired face. I think I worried too much yesterday making me sick today. I push the cover off of my body, and stand up. 

"Whoa." I stay, holding onto my nearby dresser as my head starts to pound even more, my vision blurry. I sit back down on my bed, getting my phone resting on my bedside table. I unlock it, finding a contact and pressing call. 

"Hello?" She replies. 

"Hey." I cough, my lungs physically hurting. 

"You okay?" She laughs, noticing that I am sick. 

"Ya think?" I ask, shaking my head a smile managing to appear on my face. 

"How's Ella doing?" Jasmine asks. I smile at her caring about my daughter. 

"She's doing great. She has so much energy and it scares me that she will fall and hit her chin again." I lay down on my back, putting a hand to my head. 

"That's good." She says. "So why are you calling?" I cough, not because my throat is itching, but because I am uncomfortable.

"Oh, uhm... I am kind of sick an-"

"And you want me to take care of you." She laughs, finding what she said so hilarious. I can't help the smile that formed on my face. 

"No, but that would be nice." I smirk. "But I was hoping you can come over and take care of Ella. I don't think I can do that today and I don't want to leave her by herself. That's - uhh, um - if you are okay with it. I totally understand if you are busy, you have a life-" Jasmine cuts me off by laughing. 

"Harry, I will come over. When do you want me to come?" I let out a relieved breath, looking at the clock hanging on my wall. 9:18. 

"As soon as possible." I cough, resting my head against my pillow when my coughing fit ends. 

"Okie dokes." She says. 

"Thanks, Jasmine." I say, really appreciating it. 

"Just stay in bed, I'll be there shortly." 

She hangs up before I could reply. I put my phone besides me, wrapping the covers over my body as I suddenly feel really cold. I close my eyes, tiredness taking over me. 

===========================

Lets see how many I am going to post today. I already posted two, three including this one. I say two more at least :p 

Once when school starts though, there will only be one update a week, so I hope you are enjoying this :))

~ May <3