Fifty-five

throwback to when harry had jungle worms hahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂

=====================

Fifty-five

-Jasmine-

The next morning, I wake up from Harry's alarm. I open my eyes, seeing Harry facing me with his eyes close, still asleep. He looks so soft and cuddly that it makes my heart tug. I suddenly feel a wave of guilt for ignoring him last night. I don't know why I did that, probably because I was really annoyed and fuelling with anger, but I know that is no excuse.

Since Harry needs all the rest he can get, I carefully get up, not waning to make too much noise or movement. I quickly speed around to Harry's bedside table, turning off his alarm. I hear Harry stir around, but thankfully, he is still sound asleep.

I head over to the washroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. And after coming out fifteen minutes later, I head back to the room and slip on a bra and underwear, also putting on some black jeans and a grey cropped knit sweater. I throw my hair into a bun on the top of my head, too lazy to dry my hair and not wanting it to wet my clothes.

I take a deep breath and walk into Ella's room to wake her up.

"Ellabear," I coo. "Good morning, love," I gently shake her arm. When she opens her eyes and sees me, she sits up in her bed, a confused look on her face.

"Is dada still sick?" She asks me. I try not to look hurt when she doesn't say good morning.

"He is," I say, making her frown.

"I want to say good morning to him." She climbs out of bed and rushes out her room, but before she goes into mine and Harry's room, I stop her.

"Ella, maybe you can say good morning later before going to school? Dada is still sleeping." I know Harry won't mind if Ella wakes him up, but I have a feeling he will probably feel shittier today since the second day is usually worse than the first, so he needs all the rest he can get. Ella slumps her shoulders at my words, making me feel guilty.

"Okay," she says and heads back to her room.

I make my way to the kitchen, grabbing a box of Cheerios from on top of the fridge and putting it on the table along with a bowl, spoon and some milk. I also wash some blueberries, putting that in a bowl and putting it on the table as well. When I look back in the fridge to make something for Ella's lunch, I curse under my breath when I notice there's no more pasta. I try to think of other things to make, but we don't have much food in the fridge.

"Why didn't I go grocery shopping yesterday?" I ask myself, becoming frustrated. "What do kids eat for lunch?" I think of peanut butter and jelly, but soon realise that peanut butter isn't allowed in school. I think of Nutella sandwiches but Nutella has nuts as well. "Ham and cheese sandwich?" I ask myself, now becoming desperate. But when I look in the fridge, I don't see any ham or meats that I can use. We don't even have raw chicken.

Maybe that's why Harry ordered pizza for dinner last night?

I take a deep breath to calm myself. I look in the fridge once more and see we have cheese, so I try to think of something Ella can eat with cheese. I think of cheese and crackers, quickly going into the cupboards and sighing with relief when I find a box of them. I cut up the cheese into slices, putting those into a container with the crackers. I grab Ella's lunch box, putting her lunch in along with the usual carrots, granola bar and juice box. 

I set her lunch bag on the counter, suddenly feeling so exhausted and drained. All I'm thinking of is how the hell Harry was able to do this for so many years when I can barely do this for two days. I make myself a cup of tea and sit on the sofa, turning on the TV to watch Good Morning Britain. Ella comes walking in and looks at me before walking right past to go to the table. I become too tired to drink tea, so I put that on the coffee table and decide to lay down as I continue watching.