Prologue

ARC: Before you read this for the love of anything I care about, wait a week or two and read the re-write!!

I wander through the woods aimlessly, my stomach growling. I haven't eaten in a while...I can't remember how long ago my last meal was. What do I like to eat again? I can't remember that either. What do I look like? Where am I?

I rush over to a pool of water and stare down at my reflection. A stranger peers back at me. I look behind me quickly, but no one is there. I turn back and look in the water again, slowly this time. This is not my face, it can't be due to the fact that I don't recognize it. This face is...ugly and evil-looking. Shaggy, long, black hair caresses it. Pointed ears tilt at the sounds of the wilderness. It has dark red horns and its eyes are all black with red slit pupils. The mouth covers half of this face, the crooked uneven edges creating no space for a nose. Sharp yellowish teeth present themselves in a twisted grin. The face drips with blood where its mouth begins on the sides and top. I put a hand up to my face to feel it. Sure enough, it's the same as the face in the water.

" But that's not me..." I whisper, confused.

I don't recognize that voice. I sit down, processing. I wince when I hit the ground and I look down. I'm sitting on a tail, my tail to be exact. Carefully opening my mouth, I stick out my tongue. It's long and has needles that can flatten riddled on the surface. The scent of fresh air overwhelmed me as soon as I opened my mouth. Along with the scent of clean air, there's the ominous scent of death and blood. My stomach growls again at the thought of blood. Maybe that's what I eat...blood...