Chapter 14

!Sorry the art is wonky, I rushed it!

I sprint through the trees, not caring if a stick or branch hits me. I'm running faster than I was before, my strides longer and more powerful. I need to find that spider demon. It has to pay for what did. I'm not sure how I'm alive, but I'll take it. Blood still leaks out of my arm and it doesn't halt as I track the demon. That new memory I just recalled... I killed people. I killed humans that belonged in my village. I can't dwell on the past right now though, I have to find that demon and dispose of it.

I take a sharp left turn.

The panic and fear that had coursed through my veins has dispersed and has been replace with anger. The demon treated me like a piece of meat. I will treat it like dirt. I'll make it suffer. It'll wish it were dead. My grin widens as blood seeps out of my mouth. I want my arm back.

Suddenly, a sharp tang pierces the air. That scent is the exact same one that radiated from the spider demon. My senses have been heightened and my strength doubled. I'm a freak of nature, being a creation made by a demon's blood demon jutsu, but that makes me unique. I wonder what I can do and just how strong I am.

I follow the scent to a river. The water rushes and laps at the banks. I scan the clearing quickly and spot the spider demon. I squint my eyes in pleasure. Finally I caught up to it.

It walks off into the woods and I silently follow it. Bending low to the ground, I dip my fingers into the blood on the ground. It smells like Inosuke's. I pursue the demon into the trees. Inosuke is heavily bleeding, he could be on the verge of death!

A crash echoes through the trees and a thump proceeds it. That was the sound of a tree being broken at it's stump and landing on the ground. Heavy footsteps follow that noise and I quicken my pace. I can hear heavy breathing, which I'm guessing is Inosuke's. The clanking of swords is prominent.

The spider demons squeals as Inosuke yells.

" Come back here to fool! Fight me!" he shouts.

A hissing sound follows Inosuke's shouts. I punch down a smaller tree and carry it with me. I can feel the air getting tenser around me. It feels as if Inosuke is giving up. I have to get there! I can't let him down, after all he wouldn't have been hurt if I had of been strong enough before! I grit my teeth in rage. In between the trees I spot a weakened Inosuke, staring up at the spider demon. The scent is slightly different, but it's most definitely it. It raises its hand for a punch. My eyes widen as I dart across the path, getting ready to swing. Inosuke looks deterred and he looks as if he lost all hope. Like he's giving in to the demon's clutches.

" Don't touch him!" I scream, hopping over Inosuke's head.

I swing the tree with as much force as I can, considering I have one hand, into the demon's gut. It breaks on contact as it sends the spider crashing into a tree and knocking it over. Panting, I drop the tree.

" And give me my god damn arm back."

Inosuke stares up at me.

" Another demon? Are you kidding me!" he shouts.

I bow my head.

" It's Aku."

He stops all his actions. I look at the ground insecurely.

" I'm not a demon, just... not human. Remember?"

" If I beat you in a fight I'd be the only one to ever beat something non human or demon!" He chants.

The spider demon screams and I turn back around.

" I'll keep it busy, you work on cutting off it's head," I order.

His swords clank and I'm guessing he's ready to engage. The demon charges at us and I dodge left as Inosuke dodges right. The punch hits the ground with more force than it did when I first fought it. I didn't even put up a fight actually. Rage boils my blood.

" Hey ugly! Remember me?" I shout, trying to gets its attention.

Turning to me the demon screams. It lunges at me with its right hand, to which I deflect it by hardening my skin with my own blood. How I know how to do this all of a sudden, I don't know. Life and death situations bring out the most in people I guess. While I distract it, Inosuke leaps into the air behind the demon. Slashing its neck, the swords split apart. Oh...uh...that's not good.

" They broke?!" Inosuke screams.

The demon spins towards him furiously and swings. In the nick of time I slam my fist into the demon's head. It reels in shock at the force. That's right, there's two opponents now. Inosuke lands on his feet.

" I can't cut through!" He shouts.

I recall my memory I had been shown before. Those red glistening blades made from my own blood. How I killed my father with them, who was indeed a demon. Slowing my breathing and screwing my eyes tight, I try to shape the blades in my mind. As I do this, I rely on my other senses to dodge the demon's messy attacks. By messy I mean he doesn't think before he attacks, something he and Inosuke have in common.

I open my eyes, gasping for air. I can't make the blades form. What do we do now?