Chapter 29.5

I open my eyes slowly. My body feels stiff and numb, like I hadn't moved in weeks. The light is blinding and it burns just a little. Sitting up and rubbing my eyes, I try to figure out where I am. It smells like the butterfly mansion, however the people residing in it smell different as well.

" You're awake!" Rei startles me.

I turn my head slowly to the left, seeing her close to my face, eyes wide. Lifting my hand, I push her away.

" He's awake!" she shouts excitedly.

I narrow my eyes at her without speaking.

" It's been a week Aku! I got worried, I thought you weren't waking up!"

Aoi rushes in the room, Shinobu following her cautiously.

" He is awake! I'm glad he didn't die here," Aoi laughs nervously.

What's going on? Why do their faces look...weird?

" I'll get Tanjiro," Shinobu smiles and rushes out.

Aoi gives me medicine and I take it, smelling the liquid before drinking it.

Moments later, Tanjiro stumbles into the room.

" You're up!" he smiles happily.

I tilt my head to the side. His face also has a weird look on it.

" What?" I ask.

" You...smell different," he winces.

I smell different?

" How so?"

" More like a...demon..."

A demon?

" Really? I couldn't tell he kinda just smells the same to me!" Rei shrugs it off.

" A-anyways, I heard you guys killed the lower moon one?" Tanjiro changes the subject.

" Yes. He was able to manipulate gravity though, it was hard to beat him," I admit.

That's right...in the end I wasn't even the one to kill the demon, I wasn't strong enough. I need more training, I need to get stronger so I can protect Tanjiro and Nezuko.

" Sounds hard...me and the others have been training loads though! I'm a lot faster than I used to be!" Tanjiro brightens up.

" That's great," I smile.

" And we have a new mission, but we were waiting for you to wake up to come with us. Would you want to?"

" What kind?" I say, getting out of bed and standing up.

" Something to do with a train," he shrugs.

" A train?"

" Yup! And we leave in three days, so you better get ready!"

Will three days be enough for me to be able to get back in shape? I'm guessing I'll be doing the same Rehabilitation Training the others did after mount natagumo, so, I had better get started.

ARC:Hi everyone! This is just an intro to the Mugen Train arc, which will be written in a different book than this one (I am currently working on this)! After that, there will be a timeskip, so no Aku in entertainment district since Uzui didn't want him to tag along (Uzui doesn't like my boi T^T). I'm so sorry if this disappoints you!

This book will be on hold for hopefully only a week or less while I write the train arc! Again, I hope this doesn't disappoint you readers! Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to include in the Mugen Train Book <3

Ty so much for your patience and I love you all!!