Chapter 30 AFTER MUGEN TRAIN

It's been a few weeks since Rengoku's death and Tanjiro hasn't spoken much since then. Zenitsu and Inosuke were both up long before Tanjiro since they hadn't sustained any horrible injuries. I had begun training with Shinobu once again, I was disgusted about how helpless I was when the flame hashira had been killed. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't move.

Not to mention, there is now more evidence pointing to the fact that I am Kisho Kamiyama's son. I didn't want it to be true because that would mean that I'm just like him...a monster. I don't want to be a demon, I don't want people to think that I'm a flesh eating creature that steals lives just to simply get stronger. However, that would make sense as to why I'm so weak.

Something weird has been happening of late though. I think it has something to do with me swallowing blood that came out of the upper three. Shinobu explained that the higher the demon, the more blood their master has given them, making them stronger. Also, having Muzan's blood in you turns you into a demon, if you can handle it that is. So I believe that there is more demon in me now than there was.

" You ready for training today Aku?" Shinobu asks me.

I nod as she hands me an orange.

" Not hungry," I say, turning away.

I can hear her arm drop to her side after I say this.

" You know, Rengoku didn't like you when he first met you...but it turns out he was just being weary. I was told by his crow what he told you..."

I look to the ground, shoving my hands into my pockets.

" You are still human. Even if you have demon blood in your veins, you also have human blood."

" That's funny," I say bitterly, " I recall you calling me demon scum like it was my first name. Don't be ridiculous, I know what you think of me."

" You're right, but I changed my mind..."

I don't respond, but make my hand into a fist and clench my teeth. Rengoku didn't hate me? I mean, he did stand up for me when Akaza had revealed the truth...but I thought that was just to throw the demon off.

" Rengoku wouldn't want you to starve," Shinobu whispers, trying to give me the orange again, " he'd want to see you get stronger."

I turn towards her and find her smiling like she always does. Glaring at her, I push past Shinobu and walk out of the mansion and into the sunlight.

I don't care what she thinks of me, I'm worried about what Tanjiro and Inosuke think. They were there when Akaza had said it, when he called me the legend's name. Not to mention, Tanjiro already knows about the tattoos and the fact that Urokodaki said they were the same as the ones in the legend...

I knew, I knew the truth, but I didn't want it to be true. I saw myself, destroying villages in my memories. The night after Rengoku had passed I had another one. My father was handing me a hooded cloak and instructing me on what to do. He had me set a village on fire and drag the corpses back so he could devour them. I don't deserve to live with all of the horrible things I've done.

" Aku!" I hear Zenitsu calling my name.

I lift my head to see him jogging towards me.

" Hey! Would you have any idea on how to cheer Tanjiro up? He's been very upset and he won't even smile," Zenitsu says, panting.

" I don't."

" Oh, okay, well how are you doing?"

" Fine."

Zenitsu stares at me worriedly.

" You're acting weird, not to mention you don't sound the same."

" Do you know?" I ask.

I decide I should tell him, he deserves to know the truth.

" Know what?"

" That I'm the son of the previous upper moon one."

Zenitsu's mouth drops and his eyes widen.

" The legends are also true. I've killed hundreds of innocent humans," I say, looking down at him, " and I'm probably around seventy years old."

He takes a step back, then a step forward.

" B-but... it wasn't you...r-right?"

What does he mean?

" Wasn't me?"

" You didn't w-want to kill them...right?"

I drop my shoulders and look at the ground solemnly.

" No."

" Then son of the upper moon one or not, you are still the Aku I know, even if you have more demon blood than human," Zenitsu stutters.

I widen my eyes in shock and stare at him.

" I'm a murderer Zenitsu! It doesn't matter if I wanted to, I killed them with my own hands!" I shout.

Why doesn't he care? He should hate me, want me dead! He should cast me away without a second thought, or better yet, kill me!

" I know that...but I have to believe that you wouldn't have killed them if you had a choice, I need you to be the same person you've been since we met!" He yells back, crying.

" I'm not! I'm a demon, Zenitsu and that's all I'll ever be!"

" What's going on here?" Shinobu asks.

I turn to her and glare with hatred.

" You should just kill me," I spit, " I'm a demon now, ever since I drank Akaza's blood and you know it!"

" I get that you're angry, but you're standing in the sun. You can't be a demon Aku."

" Tanjiro would be upset if I killed you," Zenitsu cries, " plus I'm not strong enough!"

" Tanjiro was there. He knows everything and you know how he feels about mass murder," I snap.

I don't want to be angry, I don't want to yell.

" That's enough!" Shinobu shouts, " you aren't a full demon! Regardless of what you did before, you are a completely different person now! Your father was a scumbag who deserved to die multiple times over, but you are not him!"

" Then what am I?" I ask, voice cracking.

" You're you," Zenitsu says quietly.

" Exactly, there isn't a name for what I am," I say bitterly.

" You are a modified human basically, don't ever forget that even though your father was a demon, the human gene from your mother is the one that became more dominant," Shinobu says.

There's a long awkward silence before Zenitsu says he's going to leave. Once he's out of earshot, Shinobu speaks again.

" If you'd like, I can make a poison specifically to kill you. It seems like you just don't want to hurt any of them, so if you might, I can put an end to it straight away," she says, grabbing my arm.

A poison to kill me specifically? I'm not sure how I feel about it, or how the other demon slayers would react. Would they try and take advantage of it to kill me? I stare at Shinobu in a concerned manor.

" Don't fret, it will be our little secret," she whispers, smiling.

It's true, I don't want to hurt them, so I agree to her plans.

" Don't worry, I won't kill you unless it's completely necessary."

She lets go of my arm. I can definitely count on her killing me if I become a threat because I get the feeling that we have mutual dislike of each other still. However, now there is a solution if I endanger my new family.

ARC: HI EVERYONE! I'm back! Did you miss the fanfic? I hope so lol!

Anywayss, I hope everyone enjoyed! See you next time <3