Chapter 22

" Me?"

The other half of you. I've been able to converse more since your epiphany. 

" I don't like it, having another person in my head," I sigh, lying down.

Oh well.  Besides that, Shinobu is drugging you to keep you calm.

" Drugging me?"

With your collar. You should break it.

I reach a hand up to the metal thing around my neck.

" But isn't it to help?"

You're too trusting. She's just afraid of you, what you can do. Break it.

I ignore the voice and close my eyes. I wonder when Kagaya will visit, I want to ask him some questions.

You can hear me so don't ignore me. I'm only trying to help. Break it!

" Shut up."

" Aku...?" Zenitsu's voice comes from outside the door.

I sit up immediately and go and open it.

" What?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

" Who were you talking to?"

" Doesn't matter. What did you want?"

" I... did you really kill humans?"

I take a moment before I answer, staring him down.

" Yes."

" Why?"

He's acting surprisingly calm about it.

" They deserved it. Was there anything else?"

I can smell something.

" No...I was just wondering if it was true..."

This is slightly awkward.

" It is. Are you afraid of me? Do you dislike me?"

"N-no... if they deserved it then you can't do anything about it... just please don't do it again..."

" I won't," I say, bowing my head.

He bows as well and/ leaves shortly after putting something down. I stick my  head out the door to find a couple of oranges. I smile slightly, glad he brought me something to eat. I've been starving...

I pick them up contently and retreat back into the room. I peel them carefully, making sure to get rid of all the white stuff. Putting the whole thing in my mouth, I chew gingerly.

After I'm done I get up and go outside for some fresh air. There, I find Tanjiro sitting with a gourd in his mouth.

" What're you doing?" I ask him.

" Oh hi!" he says pleasantly, " I'm practicing my total concentration breathing."

I nod, narrowing my eyes. He's acting like nothing happened.

" Shinobu said to go see her by the way, something about your training."

I bow my head and go first to Shinobu's lab.  When I get there I find her analyzing something in a jar.

" Hey Aku," she says, without disrupting her concentration, " it's time to try and teach you how to do breathing techniques."

TIME SKIP

It's been about a month since I began my training. The days were rough and exhausting, the training rigorous. Shinobu was right though, I ended up creating a brand new Breathing Style: Blood Breathing. It allows me to manipulate my own blood and the blood inside of others in special cases. However, I have to be bleeding to be able to use this technique, so for backup I trained my strength so I wouldn't need a breathing technique if a demon wasn't extremely strong. I have only a few forms so far:

First form-Adrenaline rush: A boost to user's regenerating skills, strength, speed and agility

Second form- Cold blooded: Temporarily paralyses a demon (the length depends on the strength of the demon)

Third form: Crimson tide: similar to water wheel

Fourth form: Rising blood moon: a series of rapid crescent shaped attacks that exert extra blood from the demon

Fifth form: Demon blades: using the blood of a demon, the user strengthens their blades and deals twice the damage, though in the time activated they cannot kill the demon (lasts for 10 seconds)

That's all I have so far, but as the weeks go by I keep thinking of others. I am unable to perform most of them though, considering I'm new to this whole breathing technique thing. It turns out that hardening my skin is just something I can do, which is the same with creating the blades. I was able to figure that out luckily. 

Shinobu has gotten way better, giving me food, teaching me kindly and patiently. Though I do not forgive her, I couldn't leave. She was drugging me and only she had the antidote. Shinobu was basically blackmailing me into staying. She was the one to cut me during training as well.

Kagaya visited every now and then, which was pretty cool. He never once mentioned the thing I heard eavesdropping though.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke seemed to have calmed down about my massacre, which I'm glad of. I don't think I could've stood another day of them being cautious around me.

Today is the day I meet a new Hashira so I get out of bed quickly. My legs and arms are a little sore, but yesterday I got a break day. I rush outside to find Kagaya waiting for me and beside him are two children.

" Hello Aku. Shinobu has made a report about your newfound techniques and I have decided on giving you a mission instead of more training. This will give you the experience in which you require," he says.

" A mission?" I ask, interested.

" Yes. We have recently learned that Muzan replaced the previous lower moons and I'd like you to find them and dispose of them. If you cannot kill them, make sure to come back alive with reports of their abilities," he explains.

" How am I supposed to find them?"

This task seems impossible. Who knows where they could be hiding?

" That is part of the mission. You will be working with a partner that you will meet up with tomorrow and then you will begin your mission."

I'll be working with someone...new?

ARC: Sorry for the short chapter, but Does anyone have a free oc they would allow me to use for an arc in my kny fanfic? They would be hunting down the lower moons w/ Aku.

There are no rules, anything goes (just don't make them too op)I just need a description of the ocI will give you credit for the oc!