Chapter 45

My ears ring and the sounds around me are muffled. Uzui's weight has lifted off of me and now I stare blankly into the sky. I cough and sit up, looking around for my friends.

What happened?

I notice Uzui sitting with his back against the wall and three women surrounding him. I stand up, legs a little shaky and slowly make my way towards him. As I get closer, I can see a purple color spreading across his skin.

" Don't die on us! Not after you managed to live through that battle!" the woman with blue clothing whines, " how are we going to deal with this poison?! No antidote we have is working!"

All three of them look like they're on the brink of tears. I kneel silently beside one of them and stare at Uzui's wounds. I am immune to the Upper Moon's poison, I'm just not sure that I can make Uzui immune.

All at once, the three girls turn their heads to me and draw their weapons. I look at them in surprise, but I don't move.

" A demon!" the blue one whispers in shock.

" Don't come near Lord Tengen! He's already fought enough today!" The one with blond bangs shouts.

" I don't want to fight," I shrug, " I was just seeing if I could make him immune to the poison's effects as well."

Their faces turn blank.

" It's not possible though. I could only stop his bleeding."

The blue one bursts out in tears loudly.

" How cruel of the gods!" she cries.

I abruptly stand up.

Tanjiro!

Are Nezuko and Tanjiro alright?

I nervously look back to Uzui. I know that he's going to die due to the poison, so I'm not sure if I am allowed to leave him. He simply smiles, but he doesn't say anything. Taking this as approval, I turn away.

Just then, Nezuko pops up out of nowhere, placing her hand on Uzui and engulfing him in pink flames. I watch in confusion and utter shock.

" What do you think you're doing?!" the blue one shouts, diving at Nezuko.

She pushes Nezuko far enough away and starts shaking her roughly.

" Don't cremate him just yet! He's still alive! I'm very angry at you young lady, so mad in fact that I'm going to spank you!" the blue one shouts.

" What are you, her mother?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

" She lit Lord Tengen on fire! Don't be stupid, demon! I'm going to spank her!" she replies.

I walk over and pick her up by the collar of her clothing. She hangs in the air, knees huddles at her stomach and a shocked look on her face.

" Put me down!" she yells.

" That's enough!" I hear Uzui's voice, " I don't really know what happened, but the poison's gone!"

The three gasp and I drop the girl to the ground so that she can go sit with Uzui.

" Lord Tengen!" the three of the cry at the same time.

They all hug him, crying ugly tears. Nezuko stands next to me.

" I'm glad you're alright," I whisper to her, even though I'm not looking at her.

If Nezuko had died, I'm not sure what I would have done. I'd probably go crazy and try to kill a few people for dinner. Like what happened when my sister died.