Chapter 12

Trees are a blur as I run, panting. The three weeks I spent training did nothing. I have not improved at all. I'm still as weak as I was when I fought that demon in the mansion, regardless of my efforts. Sure, I may be better at dodging simple attacks now, but that is nothing in the face of the raw strength of this spider demon. I need to find Tanjiro and badly. I can't even rely on my senses since I can't single out any scents or sounds. This mountain is something else.

Fear rises in my chest as I can barely make out the form of the demon in my peripheral vision. I turn my head to my left, eyes widening. Without giving me time to react, the same shadow crashes a fist into me, sending me hurling. My chest cracks and my breaths become labored as I get launched into a tree. My back hits the trunk with such force that it gets knocked over with a booming crack. I gasp in pain and I can feel blood gush out of my mouth, soaking my mask. The tree lands with a crash as I bounce off of it, landing on my stomach on the ground. My back throbs with an intense pain. I hate this, I'm being tossed around like a rag doll!

" This is what you get for hurting my family!" the demon shouts.

I raise my head in agony to see the demon leaping into the air, fists clasped together over it's head. It brings it's heavy hands down to me. I roll out of the way just barely in time, which sends an unbearable amount of pain surging through me. I wrinkle my face in agony and tears form at my eyes. Coughing, I stand back up on rickety legs.

Bleed.

" What?" I ask, voice coarse.

Darken the earth with your blood. Bleed enough until you might die, only then will you fight.

" You want me to bleed?"

The voice doesn't return as I stare in shock at the ground. Bleed? Do I trust the voice or ignore it? I'm not quite sure, but at the moment it seems as if I have no other option. I will fight till I have the possibility of bleeding to death. I can't give up now, not after acting so hardheaded about coming here with the others. The demon charges at me once again. I side step left and as it swings it's other arm, I duck and roll so I'm facing the back of the demon. Proceeding my maneuver, I spin on my right foot and swing my left high in the air so that I make contact with the demon's ribs. He stumbles as I hop backwards messily.

" Why don't you use something sharp?" I taunt, exhausted.

The demon turns to me, furious. Due to this creature only using his fists, he can't really make me bleed, more like he pummels me.

" At least grab a stick or something, like come one!"

I clutch my stomach. Just merely speaking sent a jolt through my lower torso. The demon growls at me. Maybe I could get it to bite me. The next time it dives at me fist first, I jump and smash the fist into the ground. As the second fist goes for the lower half of my body, I lift my legs into a handstand position and use the demon's arm as leverage to push myself up. I cough blood out of my mouth and squint my eyes, trying my best not to cry. I can't shed tears here and now, I would seem like Zenitsu. I can't be scared, I won't allow myself to be!

 It stands in the clearing a bit shocked as I head into the trees. I swiftly head for the left side of it's head, thinking I can get a good punch in. If I aggravate it enough, the demon will be sure to resort to barbaric methods. To my surprise, the demon turns it's head to face me me, opening it's jaw wide. Realization clicks in my brain as it moves it's head to the side, avoiding my punch. Oh no, I messed up. To my horror, the demon clamps it's teeth down on my forearm. It seemed to move in slow motion.  Sawing into my skin, it sinks it's teeth into my bones, cracking them easily. Blood soaks my face and drips from the end of my chin as the dark red liquid sprays from my arm. I scream in pain and alarm as it bites through the bone and bites through the skin on the other side, swallowing my forearm. It drops me to the ground. Fear and agony pump through me. The demon just bit my arm off!

I crumple to the ground, blood pooling around me. The pain is searing and I blink away the blurriness caused by tears. Blinding agony grips me as my eyes stay wide.

" Father! Come help! There are two demon slayers by the river! One wears a boar mask and the other has a huge scar on his head! They killed mother!" a female voice shrieks.

I sob on the ground, grasping the end of my arm. They're talking about Tanjiro and Inosuke. I grit my teeth. I have to help!

" They are messing with my family!" the spider demon cries.

He steps away from me.

" This way!" the female voice calls.

I can hear their footsteps start to fade. I am of no threat to them. The demon dropped our fight so quickly after hearing about Tanjiro and Inosuke. I was never a threat to the spider demon.

" W-wait!" I call tensely.

I can't let the demons go, what if they kill my friends?

" Wait!" I scream, voice cracking, raising my hand towards where they had disappeared.

I cry after them as thunder cracks. Rain pours down on me as I lay, crumpled in a ball on the blood-soaked grass.

I was never a threat.

ARC: Btw if anyone knows how to accurately describe fight scenes- give me your skills rn >:( I'm in desperate need, won't you give to the poor?