3. the one where I was saved by the champ

My alarm rang at five in the morning, and I wasn't exaggerating when I tell you I felt like I was dying. If you hadn't realized it so far. Me, not a morning person. I had to get up anyways so I wouldn't miss my flight. I had found out that I would be flying in the last crew going to Bahrain with some other members of the media team and some of the management.

I dragged my feet to my kitchen so I could fill my body with caffeine. I wasn't much of a coffee person at all, but desperate times called for desperate actions. When the coffee finally hit me and I remembered that it was my first GP weekend working in F1, I found some unknown energy. I was at least excited, but also felt a bit nervous going to a racing event. 

I packed the last items on my bag and closed it looking around for the last time before heading out. The car was already waiting for me outside of the building and I headed towards it. I put my bag on the back and jumped into already full car.

" Hey everyone", I said happily, and I could see some smiles appearing on people's faces and got some hellos back too. I was in such a good mood and couldn't wait to get to the work.

Turned out that everyone in my ride were really great to be around and in no time, we were having a casual conversation about the weekend a head of us, football and many other things. A lot of them also seemed to know that it was my first Grand Prix and they asked me one after other how I was feeling, and I told them all the same. Real excited.

In the plane I sat between two other girls. Other one introduced herself as Maria. She was from catering and the girl other side of me, Kaitlyn, was from TV production. We chatted away the whole flight talking about their families and jobs and about stuff like who was the cutest driver out there and all that stupid stuff. When the plane landed after long ten hours, we were rushed to the cars waiting for us and drove straight to the hotel we were supposed to stay in for next four to five days. The hotel was fancy to say at least. It was one of those places that if I wasn't part of the Ferrari F1 team, I would've never been afford to even step in.

We were paired up for the rooms and I was told that Camila would be already in ours and that she would have the spear key to give me. So, I made my way to the ninth floor of the huge hotel. I knocked on the door without an answer and cursed to myself. " You gotta be shitting me." Turned out that Cami wasn't there letting me in after all and she wasn't replying to any messages or calls so I just sat down leaning to the door. I could've dragged my stuff down in safe keeping and head out to look for her but I was too jetlaged to do that and I had no idea where the girl was, so instead I pulled out my laptop and tried to get something done. 

" Well, this is new", I could hear a voice saying next to me after a while. It was two Mercedes drivers on their way out, but they had now stopped in front of my sitting figure.

" Yeah well, it's my first time too", I said getting up from the floor. I was little star struck at the moment cause the two of them weren't really know for their socializing. I knew that they had good manners and all that but stopping to talk to me wasn't a necessity.

" You work for the Ferrari?" Lewis asked me pointing to my team shirt, which I was still wearing not being able to chance my clothes from the flight either.

" Yeah, I'm their media intern Sofia, nice to meet you", I told them shaking their hands when Valtteri looked me a little weird and stated: "You're from Finland" which made me smile.

" What, no way man?" Lewis looked him disagreeing with him." She doesn't have that ridiculous accent of yours."

" Oh wow, I'm hurt" Valtteri laughed acting hurt." But I'm telling you, she is." Lewis turned to look at me so I could tell them which one was the winner of this stupid game.