62. the one with The Michael

"So you're gonna be Charles' media guy?" Charlotte looked me surprised. We were out eating ice cream with her in Dubai where we had spent the last couple of days and would spend today before moving to Abu Dhabi. It was going to be the most exciting weekend of the whole year for sure as Lewis and Max started the race from the same points and Kimi was retiring, which was a huge deal to everyone. For us in Finland this weekend was more sad than anything, Kimi was leaving and Valtteri would take his seat which meant that there wouldn't be a Finn in fights for podium. Not to say anything for sure but it looked like it.

"Yeah, he didn't say anything to you?" I had been so sure that Charles' had had his little hands all over the job and everything but I guess I was wrong.

"No, I don't think he knows either" she shook her head.

"Oh, well I haven't really told anyone either, except you guys and Lando and well my family and Mick" I realized that the list was a bit longer than I had thought.

"Not even Carlos?" the girl asked and I could see Emma looking at me with sad eyes and I took a quick breath.

"Not even Carlos" Even hearing his name was a bit painful at the moment. I hadn't seen him since our flight on Monday and even there he had done everything possible to avoid seeing or talking to me and I didn't blame him, but after all I needed to talk to him. I couldn't accept the job before I knew it was okay to him, cause I would be a lot more around and if it would bother him I shouldn't. I did get that he didn't possibly want to be my friend anymore which hurt more than I could've ever imagined, but I needed to accept that. I just needed to know if he would be able to work with me. 

"Oh okay" Charlotte looked me little weird.

"Yeah, so what's next?" I asked changing the subject as fast as I could.

"Maybe hit the mall, to get away from the sun for a bit?" Emma suggested and both of us agreed.

"Just let's not be late from our ride" Charlotte said like we were supposed to know what she meant but our faces gave us away pretty fast. "You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?" she asked now looking between us as we shook our heads.

"What ride?" I was first to ask.

"To the desert, Carlos was supposed to tell you"

"Oh that makes sense" I let out a small sad laugh.

"What?"

"Yeah, his not talking to me. So, I'm not so surprised that he didn't tell me or Emma"

"Wait what do you mean you two aren't talking?" Charlotte had stopped on her rails and Emma shrunk her brows too.

"We got into a fight and I think he broke up with me" I joked. Humor is the best coping mechanism if you ask me, but still I was crying on the inside. 

"Oh okay, but you are coming, right?" the girl looked at me but before I could answer a voice stopped us and we turned to look at couple young teen girls.

"Can we take a photo with you?" they asked Charlotte and she nodded smiling lining up with the girls. She seemed to be used to this kind of encounters. One of them was wearing a Ferrari cap and she pushed her phone to my hand which caught me little off guard. "Are you taking it or not?" she sassed and her friend looked a little embarrassed. I ignored the girl and took a photo of them.

"We stand queen like you, not a wanna-be like her" I could hear the girl whisper to Charlotte, but not quietly enough apparently.

"I'm sorry about her" the other girl came to me. "Can I take a photo with you too?" she was adorable, and I said yes smiling to the selfie which she had time to take before her friend yanked her away giving her a lecture how she was not supposed to support me as they walked away leaving us confused.