49. the one where I'm in a good mood

Monza. The main event of the year for us. The whole Tifosi was here and the atmosphere was unbelievable even there was only half of the capacity used. Coming to the qualifying day I was excited to say at least. For our home race, seeing everyone while I still could and just trying to breath in everything of the GP weekend. It was also the second sprint of the season. So we were qualifying already on Friday.

"How are we feeling here?" I asked as I came to our garage moment before it was time to go. I had went to get something to eat and was back and ready to work my camera on my hands all the time.

"Everything looks good" I was told by one of Carlos' engineers. The man himself looked concentrated and ready to race.

"Good to hear" I was dripping happiness for some reason. I didn't remember myself when I had been in this good mood last time but I was in the clouds enjoying while I could.

The cars were released to track and I put my headset on to keep up with everything going on. Q1 didn't keep anything too surprising inside. Yuki was out once more and I couldn't help but feel for the guy knowing what he was capable of. Kubica had made a comeback to the wheel while Kimi was out, but that was about it. There was a lot of complains of the traffic heard but nothing serious had fortunately happened, just angry guys.

We were through toQ2 but so were both McLarens whose pace was looking really good, little too good for our liking. The car with number four on it was driving amazing laps coming out in third place from Q2 with Ricciardo on P5 for now while our to cars where in P8 and 9. We really needed to find more pace to fight for the P3 in construction's championship.

Going into Q3. We found ourselves in front but always were dropped back by the two orange cars. I was happy for Daniel after his bumpy season with qualifying but I wasn't to happy that he was doing it with McLaren while I was working in Ferrari. Now it was up to the last laps of the qualifying, there was a lot of yellow sectors on the screen, but there was Pierre who drove a purple middle sector and Valtteri was apparently doing pretty good job too. Valtteri was about to drive the lap of the qualifying but there was still the last sector to go. It was him on pole with Lewis along side of him, then Max and two McLarens. Between us and them was Pierre who had driven a good qualifying once again.

"McLarens are looking pretty strong" I said out loud to Cami and Nick next to me.

"Yeah, little too strong for my taste" Cami let out a dry laugh with Nick nodding next to him.

"Yeah, well back to work I guess" I picked up the camera heading towards the pitlane to get ready for the drivers getting back to garage. I could see Nick picking up his phone to update out socials and then there was Cami who had already ran off to get ready for the press. It all felt so normal and I felt so alive being here. Carlos had been right on our first weekend together telling me that all this would start to feel natural with time, which also made it even harder to think that I wouldn't get to do all of that anymore. It was no longer my normal.

I nodded my head smiling to the Finn walking past me. It always made me happy seeing my fellow Finns succeed and Valtteri on pole instead of Lewis was always nice touch. It took surprisingly long from the driver I was supposed to film to get back but I could see why, I could see him with Lando in the distance. I sighed and picked up my camera zooming it into the two friends trying my best to get a good photo of them together. It was my job after all and usually those two were most relaxed with each other, which also meant great pictures. This time the mood seemed a little tense between them, but to my relief all that turned quickly into a laughs and playful punches. That was all I wanted to see. I had made really clear to Carlos that Lando hadn't done anything wrong or bad and that the decision had been mutual, and he had done it because he cared. That way I could make sure Ferrari driver wouldn't get angry or go after Lando.