65. the one with a dream come true

It was early on the Tuesday morning as we made our way to the track with Lando. He wasn't testing today, but he wanted to be there and needed to do some work anyways. I was heading to write the contract to Ferrari before the testing would start so we would have time to go through it properly before Mattia needed to focus on the testing.

The atmosphere around the track was for the first time just chill. There was no pressure and a lot of excited young people ready to jump into a F1 car. The old drivers were happy and relaxed as there was no pressure. They would be driving with the new tyres from what I had heard and it would be interesting to see, even though the car was still this year's.

"I'll see you in a bit" I told my lovely boyfriend as we got to McLaren and gave him a quick kiss before walking to the next door myself.

Going inside, there was something off. There was people running around and no one seemed as relaxed as they should've.

"Thank god you're here, come with me" a guy told me and I had no time to ask questions as I was already taken down to the garage.

"Get in" the guy told me and I raised my brows.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Get in the car" he told me like I was stupid.

"What?!" I wasn't so confused of what he wanted anymore but more shocked now.

"Just get in, we don't have much time" he was losing his temper and I shut up climbing into the car sitting down. The next fifteen minutes the guys came and went taking measurements and doing some weird stuff. I just sat there quiet still not knowing what was going on.

"Okay, we're done here, go change" the same guy came to tell me after little more adjusting.

"Sure, but could some one tell me that what the hell is going on in here?" I said getting up looking around if someone could give me some answers.

"The test starts in half an hour and we need to get you ready" I was told and my mouth dropped.

"What do you mean?" I asked carefully little scared of the answer.

"Another of our test drivers is sick and we need a driver, and they said that you could do it" all of them looked at me like I was stupid and that this was something I was supposed to know.

"Okay" I said slowly. "And no one thought about telling me?" I looked around and I think now it started to sink in that this girl right here had no idea what was going on. "And by the way who said that?"

"Carlos and Charles" I was told and my mouth dropped even more. Why would they do that? I had never really driven a single-seater in my life except some testes before the accident and in the sim once in a while with Carlos back in Maranello, and now they were putting me into one of those. I mean, yeah I knew how to drive it, but wasn't there more suited persons for that than me. 

"Okay, no time for this, take these and you have ten minutes before you need to start warming up, we won't be out right when the test begins but it doesn't matter" the guy obviously didn't have time for trying to talk me through this anymore than that and I took the red Ferrari racing suit and everything else I needed from him.

I stepped into empty room I was pointed and found the white shirt and pants I was supposed to put under the suit. I didn't know and I didn't possibly want to know how they had gotten all this stuff. I didn't ask anymore questions and put on the suit. It felt familiar, but it was the part after this that scared me. I was happy that apparently no one was informed of our change of driver so I would be able to do this in kind of peace. I started my warm-up. I had bands and a skipping rope with me so there was no problem to execute a warm-up like I knew I should.