36. the one where it finally happens

"Please stay" the words came out more of a breath and I wasn't even sure if he had heard me but I didn't want to be alone. 

"Sof" he said softly.

"Please" I whispered my voice shaking as more tears ran down my face. I was happy it was dark so he couldn't see it. "I just don't want to sleep alone, that's it" My voice broke.

"Okay" he said closing the door walking back to me and I made some room for him. He picked up the blanket and got under it. "Better?" I nodded my head. He laid down facing me and wiped away the tears with his thumb. "Good night" he said and turned to his back.

"Good night" I said back and moved so my head was resting on his chest which made him stiffen a bit but then he pulled me even closer and I fell asleep.

.

I woke up alone next morning with a terrible headache and embarrassed. I took the glass of water from the night stand and tried to remember all the things that had happened last night. There was a huge hole in my memories between dancing with Cami and Nick to being dragged out of the party. No memories just black, but after that everything was pretty clear.

I thought I had fallen asleep with Lando next to me. It felt so real but there was no sign of him anywhere so maybe that was just my mind playing tricks with me. I didn't know if I was happy about it or not, I really didn't know how to feel.

I slowly got up. The pain was banging in my head reminding me that drinking was never a good idea. I dragged myself to downstairs where I was met by three pairs of curious eyes.

"I win" Viktor said throwing his hands in the air.

"Fuck, I was so close" Max whined. I locked eyes with Lando who stayed quiet just observing me. I looked down after a while feeling a little embarrassed and my hand was playing with my necklace nervously. I walked and took a seat opposite side of the guys leaning my head to my hands.

"Here you go" Lando said placing an aspirin and some water next to me.

"Thanks" I said taking it.

"So what's the plan today?" Max was the one talking now.

"We both are flying out today so just to get to the airport I think" Viktor told the guys and I realized I was going to have to travel like this.

"No need to get back to Milton Keynes?" Max confirmed.

"No we packed last night and our parents are bringing my stuff straight to the airport" Vik nodded. "I'm not sure about her though" he added nodding towards me.

"Sof?" he asked as I had fazed out while all three of them were still waiting for an answer.

"No, I'm okay just with a ride to airport" I told them. "Carlos texted me just to get my ass there and he would handle the rest" I explained to the guys and like from the sign my phone rang. "That's him actually" I said picking up.

"Hey, you're alive" I could hear a teasing voice from the other end.

"I am yes" I rolled my eyes to the phone. "What's up?" The guys in front of me watched me curiously and Lando even gestured me to put Carlos on speaker. "Hold on" I said to Carlos and placed the phone on the table. "Go on"

"I just wanted to make sure you know you need to be in the airport in two hours" he said in Spanish and I smirked as the guy glared at me. I had been answering him in English being too tired to form a word of Spanish.

"Speak English" Lando yelled to at his friend.

"Who's that" Carlos asked still talking his mother tongue.