12. the one with pizza and pointy looks

"Don't pout, It's gonna be fun, I promise" Carlos tried to lift my mood. I wasn't really mad or anything but I tried to act pissed to make it clear where I was standing.

"Easy for you to say, y'all coming to watch how we act around each other like some sick experiment" I sighed as we walked towards our building. I had caught a ride from Carlos at the end of the workday and now we had little more than hour before our dinner date. After Charles had called Lando I had tried my best to concentrate on work but couldn't help but relive the embarrassment once in a while. 

"It was a joke, no one is going to pay any attention to you two, ok?" he said but he had no clue how wildly into this Cami was.

"If you say so", I said and searched the key to my apartment as we made our way to second floor. I opened the door and Carlos walked in after me and I looked him little confused.

"Oh sorry, I just haven't been here ever so I thought I would see how you live" he said looking around him.

"It really nothing special but I like it", I told him taking my shoes off and jumping on the couch.

I had a small kitchen which was nothing special, my bedroom was a little more me with a hundreds of photos on the wall, some of me and my friends, and some of them taken by me. The wall told the story of my life in a way and liked the idea of that. Other than that, my bedroom was still quite empty, just my bed and the closets for my clothes and other stuff. My living room was full of light and plants. You could say my style was bohemian but with more me in it. I quite liked my apartment. I had a little couch, and my dining table was in the living room too. Then in front of the window I had my working table where was a lot of photos laying around, most of them from the races and from my time in Ferrari.

"So cosy, I love it" Carlos stated with a smile on his face. He was looking at the photos on my table. "You're talented you know that" he looked at me serious and I could feel a smile rising on my face.

"Thanks, if you like those you should go to my bedroom" I told him pointing the doorway on his right.

While Carlos was looking at the photos on my wall I started to go through my clothes trying to find something nice to wear tonight. "What I'm supposed to wear today? I asked the guy behind me.

"I don't know, something."

"Okay, are we going together?" I looked at Carlos who was now sitting on my bed.

"Yeah why not, we can take my car if we don't feel like walking" he agreed. "So we'll see in about an hour?" he asked making his way to the door and I walked after him.

"Sounds good to me, see you then" I said as Carlos opened the door and left to get ready.

After Carlos had left, I jumped into shower and let the water ran down my body. It felt good not going to lie but I knew I couldn't stay and enjoy it much longer if I wanted to be ready on time. I stepped out of the shower and walked to my bedroom. I had decided to put on a blue summer dress even though it wasn't too warm yet. The dress had long sleeves and it was loose-fitting except from the waist where it had a band to make it fit better. I thought it looked cute on me, so I kept it on and moved to my make-up. I hadn't really done any make-up since I had moved, if you didn't count the brows and mascara I had put on now and then. I wasn't going for anything heavy now either, but I evened out my face with some light foundation added some bronzer and blush. You could still see my freckles and my green eyes popped out after I added some mascara.

I dried my hair and braided a little piece from both sides so I could tie then up behind my head. My hair had gotten some highlight on it after being in the sun and it gave my light brown hair even lighter look. I looked myself from the mirror and for once I was happy with what I had managed to do to myself. I looked good and summerish but still casual. I felt good and was just on time.