38. the one wih the blast from the past

"So uhm I'll see you tomorrow" Lando said as we stood outside my hotel room, well our hotel room as I shared it with Cami once again. Also I was pretty sure she stood just behind the door trying to hear and see what was going on.

"Just hold on a sec" I told the boy and pulled the door open finding exactly who I thought I would. "Hey love" I told her. "Whatcha doing?" I asked the girl who was now trying to act like she was doing something important behind the door but the cleaning the shoes didn't really convince me.

"Hi, I was just uhm – checking my shoes for tomorrow. You know they are the most important part of you outfit" she nodded seriously looking both me and Lando, who was fighting so hard not to laugh.

"Soo, I believe you two have met already couple of times?" I raised my eyebrows to the girl in front of me still holding my shoe in her hand. "And that's mine by the way" I pointed out making her drop it.

"Yeah we have" Lando said between his laughs as he had cracked up finally. I was very proud of him being able to hold it for that long.

"Mhmm" Cami nodded too.

"Great" I said and turning back to Lando. "Thanks for the dinner" I smiled still unable the ignore Cami standing next to me.

"Yeah, well good night" he said smiling to both of us before walking away. No kiss for me, thanks to Camila.

"Not a kiss even?" Cami asked and I glared at her.

"Yeah wonder why"

"Oh, sorry" she realized. "But so you two are like together?" she then continued.

"No, we are not." I told her realizing myself that I had no idea what we were and if there even was a kiss on the table. "I mean we've gotten a lot closer lately and I think we both know that we aren't just friends but at the moment we're not really anything more either so it's little complicated" I sighed.

"You two should probably talk about it" Cami pointed out and I nodded agreeing. I just didn't really know when and how I should bring it up. I should probably wait until the break was over so we both would have some space before it and all that.

.

The 'see you tomorrow'-part of our goodbyes yesterday had been a complete lie as somehow I was already getting bed on Friday night having not seen Lando all day, except on track as he drove the free practices. I guess we both had been busy. I felt kinda sad and even scared knowing there was only two days before we wouldn't be able to see each other until the end of the month and knowing where we stood it felt scary. I mean he could meet some Greek goddess on his trip and he had no obligations to me or anything, and I didn't want him to have, but I really liked this guy.

"What are you thinking?" Cami asked as she watched me from the bed next to me.

"Just the break and all that" I told her.

"So Lando?" she asked with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah" I admitted.

"It's gonna be alright" she told me.

"How do you know that? I mean there is so many more better suited girls for him, you know all the rich and famous people and" I was getting too far into my thoughts.

"Oh come on, just the way that he looks at you, has looked at you from the day one" she almost shouted. "I mean, if there's a one driver that doesn't care about money and fame in that sense it's him" she assured me.

"I guess" I nodded.

"Let's get some sleep, it's gonna be alright" she then said closing her eyes.