60. the one where I make my mind

The race had been a real roller coaster and I felt bad for most of the guys but at the same time it had been a treat for the audience for sure. There had been red flags, penalties and everything you could possibly imagine. Mick had crashed at the same place Charles had on Friday. Lando had been unlucky with the red flags which had ruined his race pretty much. There was only fifteen cars who had finished and the whole race felt kind of unreal. I think it was Mercedes who could say that they had a good day here, other than that there was more or less unhappy faces around the paddock.

I hadn't mentioned the job offer to anyone besides Lando and my family and still was kind of uncertain what to do with it. My dad had encouraged me to take it but I could hear the sadness in his voice knowing that they wouldn't see me that much anymore. I, myself wanted to take the place but then I came up with something that made me back away from my decision and even though I knew that I probably was going to take the job, it felt really unsure for now. I just couldn't ignore the opportunity I was given. But that was a problem I could spent the whole next week thinking, now I had some hugs to give.

"You noticed that guy following us today?" Emma asked and I turned my head quickly to see a bald man with a camera further away from us.

"Yeah, but I don't think he's that interested on us tho" I ignored the man and reasoned that he was probably more interested on the drivers and more important people of the paddock.

"Yeah you're right" the girl nodded and we kept on walking. The paddock was slowly beginning to fill with people as more and more were done with their jobs and were off to Abu Dhabi. So were we, we would fly there tomorrow morning and spent a week in Dubai, which I was more than excited about. "Is that Mick?" Emma pointed towards the guy sitting in front of the Haas motorhome and I nodded.

"I should probably" I gestured towards the guy.

"Oh yeah, go"

Walking towards the hard working guy I could tell that he was down. I didn't blame him, I was just happy that he was okay. I knew that the crashes were part of the sport and They didn't look much on TV but it was always dangerous and the guys were putting their lives on the line every time they stepped into those cars. Also the fact that I now called many of them friends made it even scarier.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked the guy who turned his face to me and a small smile appeared on it.

"Yeah I'm okay, not too good race but it's part of the whole thing" the optimistic guy stated and I couldn't do anything but admire his attitude towards the sport and pretty much everything.

"Okay good, that was some race" I sighed raising my brows.

"Yeah tell me about it" he shook his head. "I think it had to be the craziest race I've ever taken part of or even seen"

"Don't doubt that" I laughed. "I'm just happy that everyone is okay, well at least physically" I said more serious. There had been crashes and the amount of stress the guys had been under was crazy, it was hot and the race had been long with the restarts and all that.

"Me too" Mick looked me a little weird like trying to analyse if there was something different about me. "What's up with you?" he nodded his head towards to me.

"Why?"

"You seem distracted and unable to stay put, there's something up" he looked at me like I was dumb asking things like that.

"Oh yeah?"

"Come on spill it"

"I got offered a job from Ferrari" the words came out fast leaving the guy in front of me looking at me like I was crazy.