just a little taste ;)

" You gotta be shitting me!!" I yelled running after my brother. "Please tell me you're kidding" I pleaded still following the guy. "Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc answer me" I shouted.

"Sorry, but he is coming, just like every year before" he finally stopped and turned to look at me making me roll my eyes as big as I could.

"Why? It's not like rest of his family is coming anymore, so why is he?" I sighed. I really couldn't stand the guy and I had been stuck with him since the early years of my life just because he was my older brother's best friend and our parents happened to get along very well. It didn't have to mean that we should make all our holidays joint, but my parents didn't agree so I had been suffering almost twenty years of crabby family vacations.

"I still don't get why you two hate each other so much" it was Charles' turn to roll his eyes. "I mean the guy is probably the nicest I've ever met" he continued. This was about to turn into a eye rolling match if we didn't stop soon.

"Oh, come on, your golden boy isn't that golden, and you know it" I hissed before leaving the room.

Yeah, I had this weird rivalry thing going on with a guy who was perfect in everyone else's eyes, and it made sense because he acted like a saint around the rest of my family, but god when he was left alone with me he was far away from one.

The whole thing started out of nowhere. We had gotten along for the longest time until we didn't. He had just started shutting me out and hating me on that one summer.

"Liza, why aren't you dressed?" My mum walked to me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry mum, give me ten minutes" I calmed her down and made my way to my room. Yes. I was still living with my mum. All the guys had already moved out and I had felt bad leaving her alone, so I had stayed, and it was a lot cheaper than trying to rent an apartment near the school myself.

I studied marketing in University of Monaco, not that far away from home. I was raised here and hadn't gotten away when I started my studies, but I wasn't complaining, at least most of the time. 

I got up and opened the doors to my closet. It was time for our annual New Years' dinner, except it didn't feel the same anymore, the usual over ten people dinner had turned to just us kids, mum and that asshole. Still, I loved the dinner, I used to love it more, but life is shitty sometimes.

I pulled out a blue dress, I was going to change clothes before after party anyways so the dress I was putting on now was more settle and appropriate for a fancy restaurant and family dinner. It had long sleeves and the hem of the dress came little above my knee, it wasn't a slim fitted, but it still brought out the curves of my body nicely.

"I'm ready mama" I yelled and suddenly was surrounded by more than one Leclerc man looking me up and down making me push the hem of my dress lower.

"You sure you wanna wear that?" Charles asked looking at me doubtful. And I had thought I had put on the more safe option.. eye roll.

"Shut up, she looks great" his girlfriend Charlotte shut him up really quickly and I was thankful for her for that. We were around the same age and had known each other a long time but really gotten close only after she started dating my brother. We still went the same school basically even though our majors were different.

"Thanks Char" I smiled to the girl before walking out just to bump into the one person I strongly disliked.

"Well well, what do we have here" Pierre smirked looking down on me making me roll my eyes.

"Pierre" I said before moving on from the guy.

"No hug?" he yelled after me making me sigh in frustration. I didn't turn or say anything just made my way towards the car parked on the street in front of me.