26. the one with the interesting pre-race press

The weeks after last Grand Prix had been way better than the weeks before and I think Lando had a lot to do with that. He had been patient with me and hadn't try too hard to get where we were before everything. I still found it hard to trust him fully and I did remember all the bad things but he had been amazing since the Drive to survive -day, which had ended with me falling asleep. Lando hadn't hung up on me when he had left running to the airport. He had put on some headphones and we'd been talking until I had fallen asleep in the middle of the call. When I had woke up I had one message from Lando saying goodnight with a screenshot of my sleeping face with Lando smiling on the upper corner.

I had spent a lot time in the factory too. A lot of work but a lot of hanging out with everyone as well. We had spent a lot of time together with Charles and Carlos with Cami and Nick playing board games after hours and other stuff like that. It had been good times. I had also been running with Carlos ever since he had got back to Maranello and our friendship was back the way it was before our little fallout.

Right now I was sitting in the car with Carlos driving in the roads of France. We were already late as our little road trip had taken a turn or two. It was Thursday meaning the press day and we would be in so much trouble if we were late.

"Can't you go any faster?" I asked desperate.

"If you want us to yeet off this mountain then sure, but me myself would very much enjoy getting there alive" he answered sassy to my question.

"I don't think it matters we're gonna be dead anyway" I said more to myself but it made Carlos chuckle a bit.

Somehow we managed to get to the track somewhat on time and we sprinted down the paddock. I could see the eyes watching us as we ran towards the media center where we needed to be like three minutes ago.

Carlos was paired together with Lando which was already promising for chaos but I think we managed to cause that even before the actual conference started. Lando was already seated on his chair and people were looking around to see the other driver. Carlos ran all the way to the chair and I stopped little behind leaning on the wall. I hadn't ran like that in while and I could feel it everywhere on my body and was now having hard time to steady my breath. Even Carlos was out of breath sitting on the chair in front of the whole room full of journalists.

Lando smirked to the guy next to him and then scanned the room for something. His eyes stopped at my sweating figure and he let out a laugh. I glanced at him to stop but it seemed to amuse him even more. 

"Hello, let's begin" the leader of the press conference started and gave the first turn.

"I would like to start with Carlos" first media representative started. "You seem out of breath are you okay?" he asked and it seemed like he wasn't planning on that and there was laughs coming all over the room. 

"Yeah I'm good, Sofia and I were just a little late that's all" he answered. Way to pull me down with him. 

"Who is this Sofia?" the interviewer continued which seemed to got Carlos little off guard and to be honest I wasn't too excited about it either. It took sometime as before Carlos answered as he tried to find help in what he should answer. 

"She is out inter" Carlos answered shortly.

"Oh so she is THE inter" I could hear another guy stepping in. "She seems to get along very good with everyone, what do you think about that?" he kept on going and I could see Lando looking at me as I stared Carlos.

"She is nice girl and I think it's very clear why she gets along with everyone" Carlos said little confused.

"So you two are not dating?" was the next question.