31. the one with the duvet of horror

I woke up in dark not really knowing where I was or what time it was. I sat up in the bed and almost shat on myself as I saw the face staring at me. Actually couple dozen faces. George Russell faces. I recovered my heart attack soon enough once I realized I was sleeping with a duvet which was filled with images of George. I had so many questions.

I got up and it didn't take too long for me to realize I was still at Lando's. I looked around to see if my phone was anywhere near but I couldn't spot it. I walked quietly out of, what I think was, one of the guest rooms and headed down stairs to get some water. The house was quiet and I presumed both of the guys were still sleeping.

I found my phone on the way as it was still on the table in living room. 7.13. It was bloody early. It was also Sunday which meant that we were leaving London later today and the whole race week circus started second last time before the summer break.

I got myself a glass of water and walked back to the room where I had came from. I didn't want to wake anyone up. I opened my phone to find messages asking where I was and over twenty phone calls from Carlos, Cami and Charles. Fuck. I knew it was early put I still pressed call and let the phone ring.

"Sof?" a voice answered me straight away.

"Hey Carlos, I'm so sorry I fell asleep" I said apologizing.

"Yeah, don't worry about it Lando called me after we had all accepted that you were dead" he joked but sounded pretty serious.

"Oh my god, I was supposed to come back there" I said feeling bad for all the trouble I had put my team and friends through.

"Hey it's okay" Carlos assured me again.

"By the way, it's seven in the morning on Sunday, what are you doing up?" I asked realizing he didn't sound like I had woken him up.

"I like to wake up early, you know me" he pointed out which was actually true.

"Yeah true, I forgot who I was talking to" I said to him. "What time are we supposed to leave today?" I asked him.

"Well I think everyone can go whenever but we thought we would leave after lunch so we would be there in good time and in no rush" he told me the plan.

"Okay, I need to get back from here first" I realized. "Hold on I check the train schedule" I told the guy putting him on speaker.

"Non sense, I can come get you" he said.

"Are you sure, it's an hour drive" I didn't really want to bother him.

"Yeah, yeah, I've been meaning to see Lando anyways so might as well come by now."

"Yeah okay, he's not up yet though" I told the guy on the phone.

"Yeah well, I'll wake him up" he laughed on the phone. "I'll be there in an hour" he said before we ended the call and I opened up my Instagram for the first time the whole summer. I had been quite distant from all the media and talked mostly on texts and calls with my family and friends. I wasn't much of a media person in my personal life anymore but I liked to catch up now and then and honestly I should probably try to keep up a little better.

My Instagram had exploded from following request after my name had came out and the guys had posted some photos with me. I thanked the god that my account was private and no one had actually managed to see my personal life.

I scrolled through the photos finding some of me with the guys. Carlos had posted couple where I was, one from Monaco with him and other one with Lando with us. Also Charles, Max and Pierre had included their photos with me in their posts which made me feel good but also it was a little scary and made me anxious knowing how many million people had seen my picture by now. More people had tagged me on some stories and for my pleasure they had been saved them to their highlights, so I was still able to see them. There was a story from Lewis and Daniel and many more. Lando had also posted a couple of pictures where I was but had left the tag out. There was me with his friends yesterday, us after his podium in Austria and photo of us hugging in Monaco where you couldn't see my face, but I recognized myself immediately. I was being tagged also in the photos I had taken which made me even more happy. I was really grateful to all of them for giving me the credits.

I started following the people I had made friends yesterday as well as Max. I posted a couple of stories of videos and photos I had taken over the summer. There was one from the boat in Monaco, one of Charles and Carlos, couple more views and then some stuff from the track or paddock including the guys messing around (yes you guessed it right, mostly Daniel being a goof).

I decided I should probably try to be more active so I didn't log out and added my Instagram on my home screen.

I spent the whole hour before Carlos arrived going through my phone and finally walked down to open the door to my best bud.

"Hey mate" I said as I opened the door. Carlos stepped in picking me up in a hug before anything else and I let out a little laugh. "Missed me much?"

"Not at all" he grinned. I hadn't seen him since before the race a week ago. We had had a quite different travelling plans as Carlos had visited home this week instead of flying straight here with us.

"Keep saying that" I told him smiling.

"So they still sleeping?" he than asked looking around in the silent house.

"Yep" I said popping the P in the end.

"Well not for long" he said making his way towards Lando's room. At least I assumed it was Lando's room. I stayed back feeling little weird to walk into someone's room while they were sleeping.

"All clear, you can come in" I could hear Carlos whisper when he noticed I had stayed behind. I walked into the room where Lando was sleeping. He looked peaceful and I almost fell bad what was about to happen. I anyways picked up my phone to film as Carlos approached Lando slowly.

Leaning to the door frame I watched as Carlos jumped on his friends who's eyes shot open. Lando let out a scream which made me crack up a bit but I tried to be quiet.

"What the hell man" he than said once he saw who the guy attacking him was.

"That was for kidnapping Sof" Carlos laughed still on top of the guy.

"Fair enough" Lando said sitting up once Carlos got off him. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "What time is it?" he asked finally noticing me on the door which seemed to scare him a bit.

"8.30" I told the tired guy which made him drop his head back to his pillow.

"Why the fuck are you waking me up this early" he whined covering himself with the blanket.

"Not my idea" I lifted my hands in the air. "I'm gonna make some breakfast" I then stated walking out of the room leaving the guys catch up. I walked to the kitchen and found some eggs on the fridge.

Soon enough the familiar laughs were heard coming towards the kitchen as the former teammates made their way to me. What I wasn't ready for was Lando in his black hoodie and sweatpants. I mean he looked good, hot even. As soon as I saw him I turned my gaze back to the eggs. I knew that if I looked at him I wouldn't probably be able not to check him out and I didn't want to anyone to see that.

"Hope you like eggs" I said the guys. "Oh and by the way, don't ever, I mean ever, make me sleep with that blanket again" I pointed Lando with the spatula. "I had a fucking heart attack when I woke up"

Lando burst out laughing. "I really don't blame you tho, the thing gives me nightmares" he laughed even more.

"You talking about that horrifying duvet?" Max made himself known as he walked to the kitchen giving Carlos a quick bro hug before sitting next to the counter.

"The one and only" Lando chuckled.

"Not funny, I think you guys should burn that thing" I pointed out.

"Yeah I agree, but it has grown into me" Max said clearly tired.

"What are you guys talking about?" Carlos jumped into the conversation making us realize not everyone had had to face the terrifying blanket.

"Oh my god, you gotta see it" Lando giggled and ran off to get the abomination. "You ready" he asked running back holding the blanket so we couldn't yet to see what was init.

"Not sure" Carlos said as both me and Max were holding our laughs.

Lando flipped the blanket around in his hand and the expression on Carlos' face was priceless. "What is that?" he asked shocked.