63. the one with qualifying

"So how did that happen?" Mick asked me as we were walking around the track. Seb had left to do his own thing and the press conferences were starting in an hour. We had decided to take a little walk away from everything.

I knew Mick was referring to me sharing my story with Seb and yeah it was a bit surprising for sure.

"He asked" I told the guy making him laugh.

"Since when have you told even if someone asked?" he raised his brows.

"Yeah fair enough" I grinned. "I don't know, I needed to get my mind off things and I knew how good friends Seb and your dad were, and how great he has been to you, so I thought why not" I told the guy the truth.

"So there's something on your mind?" he caught me and I rolled my eyes. It had been like this since I had moved in with them. There was no getting away without telling him why I was down.

"Yeah, you sure you ready, cause there is a lot" I sighed still joking.

"You know I am."

"True" I smiled. "So, first there was this video of me all over the place telling all kinds of lies about my intentions and why I was here, and who I am dating and so on, but that doesn't really bother me that much anymore, I mean it wasn't the first time something like that had happened." I told him thinking about that one lovely press conference back in, I don't know, maybe France. "But I guess not everyone were that chill about it" I continued telling him about the two girls we had bumped into earlier today.

"Oh jeez" Mick shook his head. "People are unbelievable, but why don't you tell me the real reason you're upset?" he added. He knew me too well for his own good.

"Carlos. He basically confessed being in love with me" I got the real deal finally out and Mick stopped on his track.

"Oh wow, I didn't see that one coming"

"Yeah, tell me about it, it was so bad Mick. I got mad at him for a stupid reason and then we got into this huge fight, which ended him yelling at me how he felt and that how bad person I had been and finally told me that he was done with me" I cringed to the memories.

"S" Mick tilted his head looking at me losing my cool and I was once again just a human wreck.

"No" I stopped him. "He was right, I had been running to him and complaining about everything related to Lando and more, while he was in pain and I was too focused on my own things to see that. He has every right to be mad and I screwed up big time." My hands were in my hair as I panicked about everything. Mick just stood there watching me going crazy with sad eyes.

"S" he said again and I turned to look at him. "It's not your fault that he didn't tell you. No, you're right that you were awful, but there was no way you could've known." he told me before I was able to stop him. "But do you? Do you feel something for him?" he than asked carefully and I looked at him a bit surprised. I hadn't really thought about that.

"I- I don't know" I stuttered. "I mean I don't think so. I love him, but I'm not in love with him" I said after getting my thoughts together. I knew Mick had asked but the answer was more to myself than him.

"Okay, so he would've gotten hurt anyway in some point, but you can't control how you feel" Mick said calmly and I actually listened to him this time nodding. "Hug?" he then asked opening his arms and I walked into his embrace.

"Mick, can I come see your mom sometime?" I asked. I knew that I had left them without even saying goodbye and I had been selfish doing that. I had meant to go there and apologize for so long but I had always been too afraid.