64. the one were we have a new champ

I was rolling around in my bed. I had done his for the past hour trying to sleep, but with no result. We had moved to the hotel in Abu Dhabi for the weekend and the few extra days of the week as I was staying for the post-season testing with Lando before we would fly to London where I would spend some time before going home for Christmas.

I got up and walked to the bathroom washing my face. I had no idea how to get some sleep and I was starting to feel anxious. It was only like eleven o'clock. I had sneaked to my room and decided to get some sleep while the rest of the people had headed out. My mood had been down since the talk with Carlos if you could call that even a talk. I had smiled once after that when we had bumped into Max and Ria and the rest of their gang, but that didn't last long either. I knew that Max had a lot of questions now that he knew who I really was, but I think he had figured that there wasn't everything alright with me and let me go for now.

I didn't know how I finally had done it, but I woke up on my bed the next morning. Not feeling fresh but at least I had gotten some sleep. It was race day and I decided that I needed to forget all the bad thoughts for now. I wanted to enjoy this. Also, I had promised Arthur that I would have lunch with him, which made me weirdly excited. Bad news were that today was also the day that one of my friends would end up heart broken losing the championship and I would end up heartbroken after I would tell Mattia that I wouldn't take the job.

Happy thoughts, I needed happy thoughts.

I ended up distracting myself with nice makeover. I really went for it this time and looked even good. I had promised to go to the track together with Lando, as Emma had told me that she would catch up with me later. I was guessing that had something to do with the bottle of tequila I had spotted on her hand last night. I even curled my hair before planting a cap on my head and looking at the mirror one last time. I really had outdone myself. I felt confident and good.

I had this cute little dress on, but for now I had thrown a hoodie over it. It was less warm yet so I thought it would be a smart thing to do. The cap I had on was a birthday present from Daniel. It said all good all ways in a white letter on the black cap, I liked it a lot and I was wearing it just as much. My purse hang from my shoulder leaning into my hip and I had my white sneakers on. I looked casual but at the same time you could tell I had put some thought on it. I left the room happy with what I had come up with heading towards the lobby where I was supposed to meet my boy.

.

The weather was going to be hot for sure. There was no clouds in the sky and the sun was shining straight to us as I sat in front of the Ferrari hospitality waiting for the younger Leclerc to show up. Soon enough he did with his older brother Lorenzo, if I remember the name right. Lorenzo said hi to me and after that disappeared inside the motorhome.

"Hey" I said the guy in front of me.

"Hi" he told me back with a smile. I was weirdly tense in the situation that would've been much easier seven years ago while we still hang out quite a bit when racing. I didn't really know the other guys from the category, so Arthur had took me under his wing.

"So food?"

.

He had just done it. Max Verstappen, for the first time ever, was the world champion. The way it had happened was more than questionable, but he had deserved it. I mean the race had been a joke from the Race control, but it wasn't his fault nor was it Lewis' fault, but it was done and there was no taking it back at the moment. I knew that there was going to be a long discussion of the whole event after today but for now, Max was a world champ.

The whole pitlane had exploded and I ran out with the rest of the Ferrari people. Arthur had talked me over to stay in Ferrari garage for the race, so I had. Tightly on Charles' side hiding from Carlos. Talking about Carlos. I couldn't help but feel proud. He had finished on the podium once again, which meant that he had won the battle between him and Charles and even scored more points than Lando, which made him a P5 in the driver's championships. And that was amazing.