14. the one with the boat

I sat home watching the GP and ate ice cream. It was already Sunday, and I was excited cause some of my friends would finally be home and the office. The race itself wasn't too eventful but Charles got good points from the P4, Carlos finished P7 right in front of Lando, but behind Ricciardo. Two Mercedes and a RedBull on the podium again like week before.

I was starting to feel guilty about leaving that message to Lando now that I saw his race. P8 meant some points but I knew that his goals were on the podium. I really wished he wouldn't listen to my message now or well, ever. But what was done was done and I couldn't do anything about it.

The next race was in Monaco, so Charles had gone there straight from Spain, Monaco being his home after all. Carlos on the other hand had stayed in the Spain for another week which meant that once again I wouldn't see him before the race in two weeks. Gladly Cami and Nick were coming to Italy for a week before we all would head to Monaco.

I hadn't heard from anyone in a while. Carlos had facetimed me couple of times in the past couple weeks to see if I was doing okay and to catch up. Cami and Nick had also been in touch, but they had been pretty busy too. So yeah, it had been pretty much just me, myself and I.

.

I sat on a plane going to Monaco with Cami and Nick next to me. It was Monday night and the whole plane was asleep except me. I was going through the photos that had been sent to me from last two races. There was a lot to edit. They had edited what they had needed in the moment put the biggest job fell for me. I didn't mind though, I liked editing photos, I only hoped I had been there to take them as well.

The next morning everyone was tired and grumpy from the night flight, but we tried our best not to kill each other. Well, at least I was having hard time to not rip out the throats of those morning people who were like there wasn't a night flight or anything else why we should be tired.

"Hey stranger" I heard a familiar voice I had been missing for the past few weeks.

"Hey!!" I almost screamed as I threw my hands around Charles's body. "You don't know how miserable I have been these past three weeks without you guys" I cried on his shoulder as he laughed at me.

"I missed you too, they never told us that you weren't coming and we were sure that someone had kidnapped you or something" he told me looking very serious. "Only when we were about to call the local police they remembered to mention that you wouldn't be there for two races, we were really sad" he nodded to convince me.

"You were calling police after me?" I laughed out loud.

"Well, we didn't know you weren't there what else could we do?" he spread his hands.

"Call me? Did that ever occur to you?" I laughed even harder and watched all the emotions flashing trough Charles's face. You could almost see the 'loading'-symbol on his forehead when it hit him.

"Shut up mate" he then said and walked away looking as confused as ever leaving me laughing hysterically.

Tuesday went by without too much work to do. I couldn't start to film anything for youtube just yet, cause Carlos was coming in only tomorrow. So I had spent my morning in the paddock playing cards and catching up with the people that had already came to Monaco.

It was nice to see everyone after a long time. I had a chance to talk with Kimi who was enjoying his time in Monaco. I stopped by Mercedes where I caught up with Lewis and Valtteri both of whom were been there over a week already. My favourite stop of the day had to be RedBull though.

I walked through the paddock when I saw Max and Pierre talking in front of their garage and decided to go say hi. So I did.

"Hey guys" I said making my way to them.